We interrupt this blog...for another one

Monday, July 13, 2009

Last week, my friend Daisy and I made a big decision. A time sucking, life changing (okay, not really) decision.

We decided that with our mutual love of all things cooking and baking and well, basically kitchen-related, we should begin a new blog. You see, Daisy is a fantastic cook (and a great baker, don't get me wrong) and I am a fairly talented baker. And when our powers combine, we are...The Kitchenettes

No really, we are. Go see for yourself.

I spent much of the weekend wading through code and "themes" in wordpress and now have a very early (beta, if you're technologically inclined) version of our new blog ready for you to go visit. Not only that, but we need your help with it.

You see, the whole cooking/baking blog thing doesn't work at all, if a) no one reads and b) no one likes what we're making. And since our major goal is to give you ideas and recipes that you'll use, well, we need to know what you want. So hop on over there and tell us what you're interested in seeing and eating.

www.thekitchenettes.net

And while you're there, go ahead and bookmark or feed us. And hell, you may as well grab our twitter feed too (@thekitchenettes). I mean really, why not?

We are so excited and absolutely cannot wait to see you there. Bon Appetit!

8 comments:

justlori2day said...

Oh how I have missed you! I have been such a bad blogger!

But look at what I find today? A blog about food? Well, it must be fate! I love food!

Cant wait to check it out! Will wait until my eyes arent crossed from typing in the dark at 1130!

Hope all is well!

Jess said...

Kickass. I've been in a cooking and baking slump for a while and need new ideas.

adriana said...

Cool! I love blogs with recipes!

Sue G said...

Just what I need...another blog to read!!! Sigh. And one about cooking and baking, two of my favorite things!!! I'll never get anything done now. (Not that I do anyway.) Well, I would chat but gotta run over to the other blog and check it out!

Sue G said...

Ok, just tried to leave a comment on your new blog and got a response saying you don't trust me (mwa ha ha...or something evil like that). I must be doing something wrong. Can't leave any comments for you!

Overflowing Brain said...

Sue, the first comment requires moderation. Check now, it's up AND Daisy replied to you. :)

(You didn't appreciate my snarky way of saying that your comment had to be moderated? Hmmmm)

Sue G said...

I'm too old to understand snarky OR moderation.

Facebook is about as groovy as I get.

Daisy Duke said...

Yay us!