Summer Suckage

Thursday, July 2, 2009

I haven't spent much time trying to hide the fact that my head has been a mess this week. I missed Slappy's intern barbecue on Sunday, I was nearly incapable of being upright Tuesday, and today I had to leave work early.

Today's headache was compounded with a sore throat and the most serious case of tired I'd ever had, but it was also such a fierce and pervasive headache that I wasn't even sure what to do with it.

I did the normal- threw some drugs at it. I tried sitting in an air conditioned room free from kids for a few minutes. And finally at lunch, I cried uncle and drove home.

I then laid down and took a 2 hour nap. And woke up, STILL with a headache because as much as I want it too, sleep is no longer a headache fix as it used to be. If you know me well you know that it ate me up inside to leave work early because I love love love my job, but I also know I'd have been no good to my campers this afternoon.

And so I imagine the start of my weekend will involve even more lying on the couch, painkillers, caffeine and chocolate. And I hope beyond hope that this weekend will be fun and rejuvenating. And for the love of all that is good and sacred, I hope it'll be pain freaking free.

But I'm also not holding my breath. Because I'm an eternal optimist like that.

6 comments:

Dysfunction Junction: said...

It must be something in the universe...the past few days have been murderous.

I'm trying not to take much Tylenol cause I know that will just ultimately make it worse but nothing else helps...have seriously debated going to the ER cause they've got the good painkillers.

Sue G said...

I'm so sorry to hear that the headache is larger than life lately. You do so an awesome job of moving forward even in the middle of intractable pain, so this must really be something for it to keep you down.

I pray that relief is on the way. NOW.

Lynn said...

Am assuming you already know whether or not the caffeine and chocolate are actually causing the headache to be worse. Can't even imagine having to deal with these headaches all the time. At least you have a long weekend...was just hoping you'd be able to have more fun!
Know that I'm always here praying!
Psalms 32:6-7 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Carleen said...

Depending on the type of headache it is, you might want to ask your doctor about Cafergot; it's one of the headache meds I take for migraines, and it works quite well most of the time.

Sandra said...

Doubt you remember me (I wrote you about where your wedding was for my brother...cause the pics were gorg!) anyways... I am in the process of moving back here from AZ and so been here (San Gabriel Valley) the last week and my migraines have been ferocious! I don't know if its weather or what... but definately something going on and other people I have talked to in the area are having the same issues... weird.. hope you feel better soon! Also... your religion posts... amazingly powerful. From a Christian girl, who loves all religions and just thinks everyone should know God... what an amazing journey you are on and its always wonderful to be finding God in your OWN way, not the way others expect you to find it! Blessings!

Becs said...

I hope you feel better soon.