It's Official...

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

today was an holiday in New Orleans. Today was Be A Giant Douche Jerk Day.

Seriously.

I nearly killed at least 2 jackass jaywalkers because heaven forbid if a car is travelling toward you you should HUSTLE a little.

And let's not forget the bike rider who ran a stop sign and who I had to stomp on my breaks not to hit. Does he slow down or even try to get out of the way? Of course not. He waved his hand like it didn't take half of my break pads and a small act of God not to run his ass into the asphalt. Which, truly, would've been a little satisfying.

And then when I got home from the gym, I found this...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In case you can't tell, the distance between that jackass' front license plate and my bumper is precisely the same as the amount of patience I have for stupid people today.

Nil. Zip. Zero. Abso-freaking-lutely none.

2 comments:

Sue G said...

Let it out, Kiddo. Only a few weeks left until this part of the ride is over. And then the new life with new opportunities begins. As the time between now and then gets shorter, so will your patience. Simply human nature. You have been holding it together for a very long time now during exceedingly difficult circumstances and a compromised physical state. The end is in sight and you just want to get from here to there RIGHT NOW.

Be patient for a few more weeks.

And stay away from firearms.

Liam Dempsey said...

Hiya ... stumbled from The Essential Nutmeg onto your blog and then fell to reading this post. Very much reminded me of a day I suffered last summer:

http://chickenmonkeydog.com/drive-like-a-jack-ass-day/Why do some people just not understand safe road travel?