-My face. MY FACE. Dude the tingling. It's so bad. It's so effing obnoxious. My neurologist appointment is for 12:15 tomorrow, though the receptionist called to confirm and tried to tell me it was at 2:15, so then she looked it up and said, "12:15, just like I told you." Riiiiiight.

-My head. Holy hell.

-We got the cat a collar because with the move coming up we wanted to make sure that if she got out again, she had a collar with our phone number on it. Well, she's not really so much a fan. Actually, it's not the feeling of it around her neck that seems to bother her, it's the fact that it jingles a little bit. When she first heard this noise, she kept trying to back away in hopes of leaving the jingle behind, but really all she did was back up all the way around a room, which was hilarious. And then she would only take really teeny tiny steps because that wouldn't elicit the jingle, but as soon as she took one too big and it jingled, she'd move that paw back a step, like, you know, maybe it's that floorboard making the noise. And now she just keeps trying to lick it off, which is a pretty good strategy. The last time we put a collar on her was Christmas morning and within 10 minutes she'd licked it into her mouth and was running around wildly with her collar stuck (not breaking away as it was supposed to) in her mouth. We haven't tried since then, but so far, so freaking funny.

-7 more days of students. 10 more days of work. HALLELUJAH.

-17 days until we move out of this damned house and into our brand spanking new apartment.

-Speaking of brand new apartment, I don't think I've told you about it. It's actually not even finished being built yet, but it is supposed to be finished this weekend. We'll be the first people to ever live in it, and it's GORGEOUS. And a little expensive, but you know, most good things in life are.

-Between now and Monday we'll be eating at Bayona, Commander's Palace, Gautreau's, and Dante's Kitchen. It it wasn't for Satan the company involved, it would be really really lovely.

-I really like Dutch mints. They are like mint m&ms, but are available ALL YEAR. You hear that m&ms? ALL YEAR.

-I really do not like strawberry peanut butter m&ms. It does not taste like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, it tastes like ass. Or something like that.

-I have a hole in my shirt. And it's only the second time I've worn it.

-I'm out of random things to share with you. And the Wicked Witch of the West is officially in the city.

6 comments:

Flea said...

Oh my heck (I love the way that sounds when it's said aloud). The wicked MIL. I'm so sorry. At least you have good food while you're being tortured. Time to turn on the Pollyana and look for the good. Hmm. Think think think. I have a BPD MIL. The good ... she's not your mother? She'll go away soon? You can say you have a headache and go lie down, or disappear altogether?

Seriously, work something out with Slappy that you don't have to be around her for more than 20 minutes at a time (which is too long anyway). Seriously.

Jess said...

I sympathize with you about the uncomfortable in law visits from hell.

Please do not commit murder. :D

Lynn said...

Hope you find out what's going on tomorrow! that doesn't sound good to me!
Always keep your eyes on the Lord! Lifting up prayers right now!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Sue G said...

Good luck. I have an idea what it can be like. After all, a Jewish woman raised me.

(Come to think of it, my daughters can say that, too. Oy.)

Karen said...

Hi,
I've read your blog awhile (clicked over through various others, and enjoy your writing), but never commented, because I'm lazy like that. While I'm sorry about the MIL drama, your story about your cat made me laugh out loud. EVERY time I put a collar on my cat he gets it stuck in his mouth, just like you described. Then he runs around in a panic until i tackle him and remove it. I keep trying because he's way too interested in the outside, but give up often. I thought he was just a special brand of stoopid all his own, so it's nice to know he's not alone in the collar drama!

melissa said...

Never heard of strawberry peanut butter m&m's. I must live a sheltered life.