All work and no play makes Katie a dull girl effing crazy.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

So, I may or may not have mentioned that these past few weeks have been all different kinds of stressfully crazy, but as of tonight, it's all over. I took my last test tonight, I'm done with this crappy sub-par school and onto a bigger and infinitely better one. I'm more happy over this than I can put into words. I'm done with going to school from 7-10 Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and from 4-10 on Tuesdays with my side helping of an online class. It was too much, but I made it, I crossed the finish line and I think I stand a good chance at walking away with a 4.0 in spite of overloading myself.

To celebrate this accomplishment and Slappy's upcoming commencement, we're going to Florida for the weekend, just the two of us, the sun and some quiet relaxing time. Really, I can't even put into words how much I'm looking forward to seeing the ocean gulf, listening to waves crash and having someone else cook and clean up after me. No tests, no papers to grade, no lesson plans, no responsibility.

I'm sure I'll check in at some point because we don't really do the whole unplugged thing, but if you don't hear from me for a ew days, understand that I'm in Florida, in search of my sanity and enjoying the hell out of the hunt.

8 comments:

jojo said...

When and if you find your sanity tell mine to come home. I'm pretty sure they are hanging out together.
Have a fan-tab time and for gawds sake: RELAX...

Flea said...

Maybe relaxing will help your head. I sure hope so. Enjoy!

Lanny said...

Have fun!

melissa said...

Have a fantastic time. Enjoy yourself...you deserve it. Congratulations.

Becs said...

Yay! Have a GREAT vacation! And like Melissa said, you definitely deserve it!

Lynn said...

Hope you have a fantastic time!
Know that I'm here praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Psalms 91:3-4 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Sue G said...

Hey, Katie, congratulations for coming out the other side of that stress-filled tunnel you put yourself in! I am thrilled to hear you are done and happily enjoying yourself in Florida as I write.

I have been silent because I have been in Chicago for my scans and just returned tonight. Can't think of a better gift than to receive the news that your life might just get a tad bit easier now. You deserve it.

Elizabeth Kaylene said...

DAMN do I know how you feel. I took some time off from school after I got my AS and have been working nonstop since. These last few weeks have been a nightmare, but it was totally worth it.

Although I don't get to go to Florida (believe me when I say I'm very, very jealous of you), I am house sitting for my aunt, who did go to Florida (and I hate her, too). Having a quiet house to myself is vacation enough. :D

Enjoy your time down there and please say hi to the ocean for me!