Turbulent Tuesday: Emotions Edition

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Today was turbulent, but one of the things I realized about turbulence is that it isn't always bad. It's just...turbulent. And that's a part of life like everything else. We don't get to only have the good. The good wouldn't be good without the bad. Turbulence is necessary, even if uncomfortable. (I promise all the "deep" posts will end soon. Like, probably tomorrow.)

Today was a lot of things.

It was tragically sad for a family and thousands of others mourning with them.

It was exhausting.

It was thrilling (for reasons I'll explain tomorrow).

It was exhausting, again.

It was satisfying.

It was challenging.

Today, I lived the turbulence. Because I can. Because for whatever reason, today, I'm alive and I feel like I owe it to the world to rejoice and feel blessed in that. Even if it means working, thinking, learning and living through endless head and emotional pain, as I did today.

I don't know what the precise words for today are. I don't think I have that vocabulary. But I know it was worth it.

How was your turbulent Tuesday?

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Mostly just tiring...like every other day of the week!
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 91:9-12 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Sue G said...

I think the precise words for today are...today is a gift. Whatever is in that beautiful box called life when we open it, it is truly a gift to be alive to live through it, to embrace it, to wallow in it.

I'm so sorry that life has reminded you again that it is fragile. I know you got that lesson a very long time ago. But, in acknowledging its fragility, you also acknowledge that you are here!

And I, for one, am very glad you are. :>)

Becs said...

My Tuesday was spent trying to ease the coming passing of a 16 year old cat. And trying to get a job. And trying to stay sane - or get saner. It was a trying Tuesday.

Cathy said...

Got my state taxes done. Had our Fed done in Feb but put off the state, don't know why, thought I was going to have to pay but we are getting a small refund, woo hoo.