Test Crunch

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The 4 tests awaiting me next week have already started to take a toll on my stress levels. It doesn't help that this headache hasn't gotten a single iota better, or that I'm not sleeping nearly enough right now, but even without those extraneous factors, knowing that I need an A or a B in each of my classes is stressing me the hell out.

But after last night, I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that I'm not the most stressed.

You see, the girl I have been working with in one of my physics lab (it's possibly the most ridiculously easy course of all time, by the way) was losing her shit last night about the final exam, next Wednesday. This was after the lab prof told us we didn't need to memorize any formulas because the test would be that easy. Seriously.

So, in completely ignorance of the prof's reassurances of the simplicity of the test, my lab partner began trying to copy down every single formula and bit of information from the semester into her notebook while we were doing the world's most tedious experiment.

In the middle of the experiment, another person we were working with went up and spoke with the prof because he didn't have a copy of the lab because when he tried to print it off, instead, he got a copy of the Adobe Acrobat user agreement. The prof made some joke about how that probably wouldn't help him out much and told him not to worry about it.

She saw the papers and got the most crazy-eyed look and squealed, "what's that?!?"

"The Adobe Acrobat user agreement," I said.

She looked at me, in all seriousness and said, "Well, do I need to know it? Will it be on the test?" After she snatched it out of the guy's hands, she read for a minute and then exclaimed, "what the hell does this have to do with physics?"

What the hell indeed.

5 comments:

LilSass said...

Hahahahaha!! Although it is unfortunate she is so stressed out, I HATE those classmates that needlessly worry. ADOBE ACROBAT??? hahaha

Five Small Meals said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

Someone should give that girl something to calm her the crap down.

Flea said...

Bwahahaha!

Sue G said...

I think she was placed in your life today as comic relief and a reminder that stress often impairs a person's ability to fire synapses in the right direction--or in any direction.

I hope for her sake she doesn't have to define PDF on a test anytime soon. That's related to physics, right?

Snicker, snicker.

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here praying as always!
John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Prayer BearsMy email address