A Study Guide to Human Decency

Thursday, March 26, 2009

It seems as if there's a rule written somewhere that the internet can only go so long without kicking you while you're down. And by the internet, I mean some anonymous asshole leaving a totally unnecessary comment. Because they're attention whores. Well, listen up attention whore, I'm talking to you.

Specifically to attention whore who left this message at 8:12 this morning:

"your blog would be far more interesting if you would whine less."

First, my blog would be far more interesting if I didn't have to review the guidelines of human decency, but that's neither here not there, since I'm going to do it anyways.

What I find, first, most ironic, is that you chose to leave that comment on a 3 word blog. 3 words. Now, I seriously considered sitting down and writing out a 30 paragraph monologue (I guess they're all monologues, whatever) about the number of things that had gone shittily that day. BUT, ironically, I decided not to, because (gasp) I didn't want to whine.

And yet, there you were anyways.

What you seem to be missing is that this is MY blog. You choose to read here. I have the freedom to write whatever I want in my personal space, but you do NOT have the right to shit on my comments. Understand?

And what did you think would happen? I'd read your comment and be like, oh my God, that chicken shit anonymous commenter is right! I should whine less, and then my blog, which is the center of my universe, would be more interesting! The key, I've found it!

Um, yea. Instead, I'm guessing you thought it would go something like this, I'll not even leave my name, because I'm chicken shit and say whatever I want, with no regards for what anyone else feels because I'm a giant asshole.

Yea, I thought so.

Now listen carefully, because I think you'll find this VERY helpful. If you look at the top of your screen, on the right hand top corner for a PC or the left hand corner for a Mac, you'll see a red x. This red x does something MAGICAL. It closes the screen.

If you don't like my blog, if it's not interesting to you, then STOP READING. I don't need you to tell me that you're going to stop, I'm totally at peace with it. The internet is a HUGE place and there are plenty of blogs for you to troll read. Please, go visit one of them.

Or, if you'd like to talk like adults instead of like catty 14 year olds, you could leave your name. You could hold yourself accountable to human decency and not be an asshole. By leaving out your name, you're as good as saying, I know what I'm saying is wrong, but I'm going to say it anyways, and this way no one can come to my blog/send me an email and be an asshole back. Grow up. Face the consequences of your actions. Or go away.

While I appreciate your constructive criticism, I don't need it. Yesterday was a really shitty day. I am stuck in a job that I can't stand, I had a gynecologist appointment where my gynecologist confirmed one of my bigger fears in life, I got into a stupid argument with my husband, I spent 3 hours at a physics lab that was so poorly put together that I literally had to explain it to the professor, and oh, right, I did it on 3 hours of sleep with horribly unpleasant paresthesias in my hands all day.

If I want to whine about my day, I will. I come here to talk about what's going on with me. If that means I'll forever have a small blog with a few loyal readers, then rock on, because I don't aspire to fame. I aspire to be content with myself and to share my life with people who are interested in it, which you've made abundantly clear, isn't you.

You don't think I'm interesting when I whine? News flash: I don't think you're interesting when you're an asshole.

I guess we just need to go our separate ways. Go find yourself some attention somewhere else, I'm done with you.

21 comments:

ender said...

i love it when you go ballistic on someone's well-deserved ass.

ender said...

umm, wait. i meant that they deserved someone to go ballistic on them. not that their ass was well-deserved. b/c i've not seen their ass. so, really, i don't know if the ass is well-deserved or ...

i think i need some sleep. sorry!

anita said...

sorry you had such a horrible day, and that you had to put up with such a drekky person! well, to call a spade a spade...an ass...

i'm not a blog reader, but i do enjoy your blog...it's the only one i read, even if on occasion...

:)

jojo said...

are you for rent?? I need some back up and I'm pretty sure you'd be great. Take care..

Dysfunction Junction said...

W to tha O to tha O to tha T.

PS: Suck it, Anonymous. I'm feeling bitchy & succinct these days.

Sue G said...

Wow. I'm so glad you didn't just delete it without comment. Really glad.

Personally, after reading today's epistle, I'm actually glad he/she wrote such a rude comment. It unleashed something in you that you tried holding back (about work, about the gynie, etc.), and it has been my experience that holding things in can be more destructive than letting them spew forth.

So, in that respect, I consider the rude commenter a TOOL...

...in every definition of that word.

Jess said...

I was going to comment on that very rude and unnecessary jab at your blog and what you write, but I figured you'd have it covered. Good thing Mr/Ms Anonymous doesn't read mine. It's all about me and my issues, which I'm sure they'd find "whiny".

I'm sorry you had such a terrible day yesterday. I'm hoping that things start going better for you and Slappy.

-Jess, a longtime lurker who actually signs her name. ;)

Tiffany said...

Oh girl.

The anonymous negative comment.

You've made it to the big time.

Jealousy has reared it's ugly head.

Congratulations.

Ali said...

It is just bizarre that anyone has enough time and energy to bother making a comment like that on someone's blog. What a waste of energy. BI. ZARRE.

LilSass said...

Haha Tiffany is totally right! In the blogging world success is measured in anonymous asshole comments. Obvi, I haven't made it to those ranks but I always swore if I did, I'd delete it without a response. BUT, I love your 'stick it to 'em'. Here here!

Phil said...

I hate it when life takes a dump on my doorstep.

Namaste.

Kay said...

Sorry you had such a bad day. Way to rip anonymous a new one!

Becs said...

Gah. It's your blog. You get to cry if you want to. We would cry too if it happened to us. Srsly.

justlori2day said...

Because I don't want to be a total potty mouth I won't say what I am thinking about Annon Asshole...

Louise said...

Ugh, what an ugly thing to do to someone else. I think alot of the time people who comment don't realize that there is an actual human being on the other side of their screen.
I always just ignore that kind of comment, because I don't want to give the person the attention they're so obviously craving, but now I'm rethinking because your smackdown? Was perfect.

Jo said...

I think you whine just the right amount ;-) Who wants to read about happy-happy-joy-joy all the time? THAT would uninteresting.

the queen said...

"your blog would be far more interesting if you would whine less."

I think this is wrong. I love it when you "whine." It's what makes your blog interesting. You have had just the most unspeakable shit happen to you. And it hasn't happened to me. Whine more, in fact I felt a little cheated I didnt get the details on the three word post.

And I'm sorry about the doctor's news.

maggie, dammit said...

I don't believe that all of my blog comments need to be in agreement with me, even when it stings. I also understand that some people feel they need to leave "constructive criticism" anonymously for fear of retribution from bloggers or their readers. I get that.

But when someone leaves a pointless, mean-spirited jab without leaving his or her name, all I feel is pity for how small his/her life must be. Really, have they nothing better to do with their time?

I'm so sorry you were hurt, but I'm proud of you for sticking up for yourself.

I hope your week gets better.

stacey said...

funny that person couldn't say anything now. what a tard. Sorry it was a sucky day. I am thinking of making my housemate a countdown calendar for the end of the school year, want one?

terrifik said...

I love a good complaint. When I ask someone how they are and they reply "I can't complain." I feel affronted. I want to grab the person and say "What do you mean you can't complain, what the hell is wrong with you, everybody can complain if they just put some effort in it!"

ConverseMomma said...

A toll wants to fan the fires. They want to cause a reaction in you, why? Because, and this is just my theory, they are people who are powerless in their every day life for one reason or the other. They live with their own fear, and so they do their best to try and spread it instead of getting their own life under control.