California here we come, right back where we started from...

Thursday, March 19, 2009

So I had no internet availability to get this to you sooner, but my wonderful amazing husband matched at his first choice residency program, in Southern California, this morning. If you didn't know, California is one of the most difficult places to match period and he matched for not one, but two residencies there. Give the boy a round of applause, he most definitely deserves it.

This means, among many other things, that I get to go to the number one graduate program in the country. I still half-believe that when I contact them today to let them know that I'm coming that they're going to tell me there's been some mistake and I haven't really been accepted after all, but, I mean, it's really happening. This dream is jumping to life before my very eyes. Our hard work, especially Slappy's in getting this amazing match, has led to a dream being realized.

I have loved living in New Orleans for the past three years, but seeing his name flash on that screen today and seeing the word "California" there and inside the envelope reaffirmed that it's where we're supposed to be. Just typing it right now brings tears of joy. After 3 wonderful life changing years away, we're going home.

And there's simply no place like it.


(p.s. Bald pictures coming tomorrow. With extra special surprise.)

(p.p.s. And by tomorrow, I obviously meant this weekend. Because whenever I promise to do something, it doesn't seem to happen. I'm pretty sure scientists have created a whole theorem about this.)

(p.p.p.s. And the new template isn't the surprise. But, how do you like it? Be nice because it took me about 3 hours to get it all the Spanish labels off everything and move the comments to a place where you could, you know, see them and stuff.)

19 comments:

LilSass said...

Congratulations to you both. You have not only worked very hard, you've had your fair share of curve balls (to say the least) thrown at you. So you deserve every second of this!

~*~Snappz~*~ said...

Dude, I'm so freaking happy for you!
Congratulations to both Dr Slappy and you. That's awesome news!

Sue G said...

Congratulations! I am so happy you are coming home, the place you want to be, the school you want to attend, the future you picture in place.

Get out your red sequined shoes. There's no place like home. There's no place like home.

:-D

Daisy Duke said...

Woooooooot! And my excitement is only partially because I finally have a friend in LA who might let me stay on her couch for the occasional USC-Notre Dame football game weekend!

the queen said...

Ahhh - finally! Good news.

Lanny said...

COngrats! :)

Dysfunction Junction said...

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO

While I am not a football fan (although I have an ex-roomate who went to USC so I know enough to say: TROJANS!!) I am a HUGE fan of In-n-out.

You know, just in case you're feeling charitable with the couches.

jojo said...

That is simply the BEST news ever. Congratulations, you've earned it j)

justlori2day said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

After all you have endured in the past 3 years, it is great to hear you are going home!

Cant wait for tomorrow! (of course I will have to wait until after my movie date with KimD!)

justlori2day said...

I was naughty and snuck a peek - he looks hot man! And YAY!!! I dont know what your surprise is, but what I saw over there rocked!

Lynn said...

You've been in New Orleans THREE years already?! How is that possible?! Am so excited about your move to CA!
Continuing to lift up prayers for you two!
2 Thessalonians 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Becs said...

Excellent, wonderful, cheerful news. Congrats to Slappy and to you.

Ness said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! You persevered and came out on the other end of the rainbow! Be happy and enjoy being happy! Congrats to Slappy!

adriana said...

Hi! I just found your blog and wanted to let you know I am really enjoying it! Congrats on your news about CA!

Tiffany said...

Okay. You are totally a blogger!

The world is so small.

I miss and love you both.

Can't wait to have you back in So Cal.

T

Cathy said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Have you said before what you are going to school for or have I missed that? Will you teach in Cali while you are still in school? Good Luck with the logistics of the move too.

lolo said...

Oh Katie,
I am sooo happy to hear this news for you and Slappy.
It makes me cry tears of joy for you.
You will keep up with this blog won't you? I mean once you move?
Lolo

Sue G said...

I like the new look of the blog. I look forward to the pictures being posted. And I hope you are having a good weekend, celebrating the next phase of your life.

The best is yet to come!

hock said...

Good posting! more professional web templates at itemplatez.com... its a easy download.