3 Months and 2 Weeks

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

3 months from today, life will be changing. Like, major major changing.

No, we don't know where, but 3 months from today, we're moving. Possibly to California near our families. Possibly just across town to a place without 2 obnoxious housemates (more on that another time). Possibly to the Big Apple.

We don't know.

But, we do know that 3 months from today, we'll be getting in our car and driving to our new home. The quickness of this year has caught me off guard. I can't believe that we went from having 3 years here in New Orleans to having 3 months left. It's been a long 2 and a half years, but it's winding down so very quickly. I'm so very excited and I can't wait for match day to find out our destination.

But, there are more pressing matters...

You see, 2 weeks from today, Slappy is shaving his head. Yes, I'm beating this dead horse again.

He's VERY close to his goal of 500 dollars and is sincerely hoping to achieve it soon. I really do understand that money is tight, but every single dollar helps. On average, I get greater than 200 unique visitors a day to the main page of the blog. If each one of those people donated one dollar, he'd exceed his goal.

I really do get that some of you cannot afford to donate, and I don't begrudge you that situation, just keep him and the kids in your thoughts and we're grateful for you, too.

If you can donate, even a dollar, five dollars, whatever, please email me: overflowingbrain@gmail.com and I'll give you the link to donate. Time is running out and we really REALLY want to meet this goal.

The cause couldn't be better. Slappy needs a haircut more than anyone I've ever met. Kind of looks like a que-tip. I mean, childhood cancer. That's what it's all about.

But seriously, I appreciate each of you who can find a dollar or two to spare and donate to this amazing cause. And I promise this will be one of the last times I badger you about it.

Probably.

4 comments:

Monkling said...

Sometimes hitting a dead horse is a good thing. Especially if the horse isn't actually dead but merely has brain damage; brain damage that causes the horse to forget things 5 minutes after reading something. (Yeah, in my universe, horses can read.)

justlori2day said...

C'mon people you can do it!!! I made my second (small) donation today because he is SOOO close to shaving his head, maybe we will getlucky, and get him to his goal, maybe, just maybe we will see some Slappy action! For everyone that has nagged Katie about a picture, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!!!

Not to mention its for an amazing cause!

(gee... did I jump on the bandwagon or what?)

justlori2day said...

Oh, and hoping for NY or CA!!! I know you want to be by home, but I also remember something about a great school for you in NY!!!

nola said...

I will donate $500 if you promise not to move away from NOLA. Otherwise, my donation will be much smaller.