Groundhog's Day

Monday, February 2, 2009

Today we plucked a groundhog out of his home, made him stand up to see if he could see his shadow (which, let's be honest, he can't, because he's a GROUNDHOG) and then made a totally indeterminate prediction about the next 6 weeks of weather.

(Whose idea was this? Seriously.

Why can't it just be like, Human Shadow Day or something. Why a groundhog?)

Regardless of the stupid tradition that gave the movie I seem to be living its name, I can't help but feel a bit of irony over reliving one of a kajillion past experiences.

See, after calculating all my medical bills from 2008 and suffering a medium sized stroke anxiety attack over the absurd amount of money wasted, I now, just two days later, have a raging UTI.

Because, you know, I wasn't spending quite enough on my health yet in 2009.

4 comments:

Flea said...

Oh ugh. Quick - what did Bill Murray do to stop Groundhog Day from happening over and over? It wasn't learning to play piano. Or becoming a surgeon. It was something. Whatever it was, do it quick!

Diana893 said...

Hey umm awhile back, wasn't there mention of scheduling that thing called, oh, I don't know, a cystoscopy? Yeah, that test's a bitch, but these constant UTI's can't be a party either. Just sayin'... :)

Have a good week - feel better soon! And I've never really understood Groundhog's Day either... at least it hasn't been taken over by Hallmark yet!

The Artful Blogger said...

I wouldn't call the medical expenses wasted money. After all, you are here with us making our world a better place!

Overflowing Brain said...

Diana- lalalala I can't hear you or your crazy talk. Lalala.

Artful- dude, you are way too nice to me. Seriously.