A Welcome Addition

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First, I want to thank everyone for the comments and emails about yesterday's post. I can't tell you how much it means to me. But we're going to put aside my weight issues today and talk about someone else's.

I have many things on my mind, many things I considered blogging about, but none were as big (snicker, you'll get that pun in a second) as this: I have a new cousin.

Evan Robert was born at around 8 this morning and weighed in at 10 pounds 12 ounces.

And did I mention it was a c-section? And that they're going to enroll him in preschool next week?

He has an older brother (7) and sister (5) who are waiting anxiously to see him. My aunt is doing fantastically.

We couldn't be happier. And my God, he couldn't be cuter, or chubbier or more squeezable. I spoke on the phone with my aunt and got to hear some of the baby squeaks and seriously, my uterus skipped a beat, because, dude, it's the cutest sound in the world.

Without further ado, I present (a grainy cell phone picture of) Evan:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Welcome to the world kid. See, 2009 is already looking up.

8 comments:

Casey said...

Congrats on your new cousin! He's precious!

I just read your post from yesterday and can totally sympathize. Our stories are very similar...and I happen to be having the same issues at the moment. It's amazing how fast ten pounds can sneak up on you. What people don't seem to understand is that even though you know that you're not morbidly obese, a few extra pounds can take its toll on your mood and self esteem. How I feel about myself physically has an impact in all the different areas of my everday life. Then again, I may just be weird.

I don't have any great advice, but here's to hoping that the new year will motivate us both to be healthy and happy with ourselves.

Sorry for the rambling- it just hits close to home.

Flea said...

Aaaaww! He's darling! 2009 IS looking up!

Daisy Duke said...

He. Is. So. Squishy.

LilSass said...

SQUIISSHHHYYYY!!! (I call all kids squishies).

He looks like a fat old man. haha

Nola said...

Welcome, Evan!!! Glad your interviews are going well too! And if you want to feel skinny, let's have coffee soon. You'll feel thinner sitting near me !

katy said...

WOW, for once I will say thank goodness for c-sections.
Beautiful baby! I hope she didn't buy too many newborn clothes.

lace1070 said...

Congrats ~ so glad you aunt had a c-section ~ my biggest kiddo was a mere 6lbs 4oz ~ Those 10lbs+ babies sometimes sleep through the night really early ~ a blessing in disguise.

Lanny said...

Whoa! Lolly only weighs one and a half pounds more, and she's four months! She IS tiny though. Linus? She was my chunker. :)

He's a cutie! Congrats!