Out of the Mouth of (someone else's) Babes

Sunday, January 18, 2009

I went to visit my new baby cousin last night, who by the way is just the sweetest, squishiest little boy ever. He dropped down to 9lb 1oz with a nasty case of jaundice, so he isn't quite as big as I expected. In fact, he's just freaking perfect (okay, maybe a little yellow, but I like yellow) and I'm trying hard to not steal him. Or eat him. Because seriously with the freaking perfect chubby cheeks baby.

While I was there I got the privilege of putting his older two siblings to bed as well. This is a rarity, usually they only want their parents to do this, so I jumped at the opportunity.

I had to practically wrangle the 5 year old into bed, and then I tucked her in with all 1200 of her dolls. And then she looked up at me with this sweet little quizzical look.

Her: Katie, I went to your wedding, right?

Me: Yes, you did.

Her: So you're married to Slappy, right?

Me: Right.

Her: And you've been married to him for a while, right?

Me: Right.

Her: So why don't you have a baby in your tummy?

Me: Um, Because I'm not ready for a baby.

Her: Oh. Well, maybe tomorrow.

4 comments:

Ness said...

Priceless!

Oh the innocence of children. If only it were that simple.

Flea said...

LOL!!!!! That's a good one! Maybe tomorrow ...

The Floydster said...

How cute is that?

Flea said...

And the correct answer to her question about why you don't have a baby in your tummy would be that you haven't eaten any baby seeds.