In a show of good sportsmanship

Monday, December 15, 2008

Okay, so you may know that I am a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan. Don't judge me. My family was originally from Texas and Oklahoma, and I was raised on them. My father even had Dallas Cowboys sheets when he was a kid.

On the other hand, my husband is a die-hard New York Giants fan. Judge him. His team members carry loaded guns in their SWEAT PANTS and then shoot themselves in the thigh. But his family is from New York and thus he bleeds red and blue like I bleed blue and silver.

I'm sure you'll be surprised to know that, since the Giants were to play the Cowboys last night, my husband was the world's biggest jackass all damned day. When I grew tired of the incessant arrogance, I suggested a bet, which we arranged.

The terms of the bet were: if the Cowboys lost, I would have to go a full week without any candy; if the Giants lost, Slappy would have to go a full week without french fries.

I thought this bet might make some difference in his jack assery, but no. If anything he just spent more time encouraging me to eat candy while I could and reminding me of how much I'd miss it.

You might also know that last night, the Dallas Cowboys handed the New York Giants their ASSES.

It. was. awesome.

What's that? Oh, it's the sound of me eating a Godiva chocolate bar.

What's that silence? That would be the sound of my husband NOT eating french fries.

3 comments:

justlori2day said...

I love it when know it all husbands mis judge our wifey awesomeness! Never underestimate the power of a chocolate bar boys, never underestimate!

I think I will have fries for lunch - just so you can rub it in that your blog peeps are eating fries in his demise!!!

Bwahahahaha!

Flea said...

Bwahahaha! I grew up a Cowboys fan. Because growing up near New Orleans, you have to have a back up team to root for.

Think I'll go out and enjoy some fries now, thankyouverymuch. You go, girl!

The Floydster said...

Oh what a loud THUD arrogant people make when they land after something like this!