Disbelief part 2: Where things are more amazing than I ever imagined.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So you remember how last week I got an interview with the extremely prestigious university in New York? So that interview was shortened a bit yesterday and I have to go back in January for a full fledged one. Which is perfectly fine with me, minus the cost of flying. I liked the campus, loved New York (more on that tomorrow) and am excited at the opportunity to continue the application process. I got home last night and life has resumed to normal.


And then I got the mail today.


I found a small, but thickish letter from some place I never dreamed I'd get a letter from. At least not a thickish letter.


As it turns out, I got in to the number ONE program in the country.


The I-almost-didn't-apply-because-it's-so-far-out-of-my-reach program. The one close to my family and to where Slappy wants to move. The dream program.


I. got. in.


(holy crap)

18 comments:

ender said...

WOOOHOOOOOO!

congratulations!

Daisy Duke said...

You are awesome.

The. End.

miss button said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

I can imagine how exciting that is, and I hope you have a grand celebration!

Flea said...

So this isn't a snow-all-over-New Orleans holy crap, huh?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

stacey said...

Congrats!! That is AWESOME!!

Melissa said...

Woot and/or Yippee!

Congrats...

matkins said...

Very cool! Congratulations!!!!

The Floydster said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! How cool is this? I'm so happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so i told you so

Overflowing Brain said...

(That would be my loving, supportive husband. In case you wondered. Yes, he has too much free time on his hands.)

Claire said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! YOU NEEDED SOME GOOD NEWS!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations Katie!!! That's fantastic!!!!!

justlori2day said...

That f'in rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Life does have a strange way of coming full circle. I am so glad that it is wrapping itself around you!

You havent mentioned lately - and I fear asking because if it is silent, I dont want to awaken it, but how is the devil inside your head treating you?

Becs said...

YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!

It's about time good things started happening for you and Slappy.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

What an AWESOME gift!! Congrats!!

Hallie

Melissa said...

Congratulations! If you would enter this program would you and Slappy be able to be in the same town? Sorry if I'm ignorant, I don't know how that whole process works.

Ness said...

It's about time you caught a break!


Congratulations! Couldn't happen to a nicer person!

nola said...

Congrats!!! Weeee!