Dear today, you can suck it.

Friday, December 19, 2008

I have a feeling I'm going to have to update this blog post several times today as the shit/fan collisions continue to occur.

I am still in excruciating pain from the UTI that I think is a kidney infection (except I don't have a fever, but I have horrible back pains, so who really knows) and now I'm so nauseated that I hovered over a trash can in my classroom for a solid hour before leaving work (no, I'm not pregnant, fyi). I don't now if the nausea is due to the infection or the antibiotics, but it's not good. I've thrown every anti-emitic I have at it (Zofran, Phenergan, Meclizine and some Xanax), and I'm just praying that it settles down after the nap I have planned. Or I fall into a state of severe unconsciousness from the drug interactions. Equally possible.

I called my pcp and asked if I could be switched to Cipro instead of Bactrim (which I've never had a problem with before), so hopefully she'll do that without much trouble. I could go down there, but I really would rather just lie in bed as long as possible. Bed right now = sleepy bliss.

In addition, my husband's flight home has been cancelled because mother nature fucking hates me. I don't think she appreciates what it's like to be sick with no one to take care of you. Both my housemates are gone, my husband is gone and I feel wretched.

Seriously, today can SUCK IT.

5 comments:

LilSass said...

Clearly you can make your own medical decisions ... but, Cipro? Are you kidding me? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND???? That shit should be taken off the market it's so damn toxic!! Killing all your normal comensal flora in your GI system = bad news bears!!

I, like you, have a PhD in kidney infections *sigh* Last time I was on Microbid it made me neaseous as well. I just drank lots of ginger ale and took some probiotics (with food) and it cleared up.

God speed, those things SUCK!

Overflowing Brain said...

I can't take the macrobid. It causes me to break out in a rash from head to toe. Not very attractive or comfortable.

I think it's a different kind of Bactrim (it's the DS, which means double strength apparently) than what I've taken before. I've taken Cipro several times with no problem, so I'm hoping this will help and not kill me.

Though I'm a little weary of taking it on an entirely empty stomach. But, at the same time, even crackers are not working well right now.

justlori2day said...

I have a few Cipro left I can send you - the last kidney surgery I had they double filled it. Cipro makes me horribly ill. Nothing works to rid me of the nausea when I take it.

Have you talked to the doc about possibly a shot of Recefin? That was what worked for my last double. However I had to have two shots, and I am not sure my doctor knew what she was doing as I had never had recefin for kidney issues before.

I hope it gets better lady! Je-zus you have had a run of it.

Anonymous said...

Katie have you thought it might be a kidney stone instead of an infection (or both)? I have had about them about 20 times and it sounds like it could be one to me.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Wow I was half asleep when I wrote the above comment, won't do that again. You would think I was drunk which by the way I wasn't. I was just trying to say that I have had my share of kidney stones. They can be very painful, make you throw up, hurt and run fevers. Maybe you need to go see the Dr instead of calling them? Hope you feel better soon.
Kathy