The Chronicles of Irony: Chapter 10,001: Snow

Thursday, December 11, 2008

So I spent the past several days bitching lamenting that it was going to snow in New York the day and morning before I arrived, but not while I was actually there. Since I had never seen it snow in any setting other than skiing (where you're supposed to be in the snow), I was bummed out.

So of course, I woke up this morning to this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Seriously.

And I took video, to try to prove that it was indeed snowing. And my narration is just a small glimpse into what a huge dork I am. (Warning, if you're offended by the use of the words "Holy Crap" you should not watch this video, because those are pretty much the only words I used besides "covered in snow" which was apparently the phrase of the day.)


And in case that wasn't enough proof, here's an hour later. Still covered in snow.


An hour later. Still covered in snow. from Overflowing Brain on Vimeo.

11 comments:

Flea said...

Wow! My sister sent me pictures and video of her drive to work this morning. From Baton Rouge. Covered in snow. Holy crap. Congratulations!

In 1988, when I was nearly out of college, we got a couple of inches in Buras, below you. Freaked us all out. Ain't it grand?

Daisy Duke said...

Holy Crap! So neat. I remember when it snowed last time in NOLA & they shut the street cars down.

Also, so funny to "hear" your voice.

Overflowing Brain said...

Um, yea. I usually sound way more articulate.

No really.

Ali said...

That's very cool. I don't think it's ever snowed where I live, oh, hang on, in the mountains behind us, but not the actual city. I hate the cold though so I guess that's a good thing.

LilSass said...

Claiborne Avenue COVERED.IN.SNOW?

SHUT
YOUR
FACE!

It hasn't even snowed yet in DC and it's snowing in the 504? Get outta town!!! Um ... too many weird things are happening to you. You need to go buy a lottery ticket. Er, or up your life insurance policy.

Monkling said...

Snow? In New Orleans??? Okay, that is beyond bizarre.

Flea said...

Psha. I'm totally with LilSass on the lotto ticket AND upping the life insurance.

justlori2day said...

Holy crap! Covered in snow!

That holy cracks me!

I live in the land of 3,000 seasons, so it gets boring after the first or second snow/rain/tornado of the year, so I love to see what people see when its not the norm!

Holy crap - is it still covered in snow?

You are so funny! I hope you are packing very warm for the weekend - if NY is going to get what we are in MN - which yes, they typically do - a few days after we do (read: 0 degrees tomorrow) you will need to bundle!

kim-d said...

Katie, I just had to hear what your voice sounded like; it was fun. Except that Clayborn Avenue was covered in snow. Holy Crap! BWAHAHAHAHAHA...welcome to my world, except we have lots MORE. Holy Crap is right.

Cathy said...

I am so sick and tired of winter!

Have a Very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

All pizza places of USA http://pizza-us.com/pennsylvania/South%20Hills/Vocelli%20Pizza/15216/

Find your best pizza.