Things I've learned today*

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

1.  If there is any food you don't want to choke on, it's Flamin' Hot Cheetos.


2.  If you were to consume Flamin' Hot Cheetos, you should wash your hands before taking your contacts out.

3.  If you continue to buy and consume ENORMOUS quantities of Flamin' Hot Cheetos, you may not bitch about gaining 5 pounds.

4.  Eating massive quantities of Flamin' Hot Cheetos, nearly choking to death on them and then burning out your corneas with the FHC dust will not help you get past the fear of having boob stitches put in (tomorrow, gah) while conscious.  

Not even one little bit.

*(edited to add) 
5.  That my father is having a non-scheduled colonoscopy tomorrow to rule out non-gallbladder related issues and is having at least his gallbladder removed on Monday.  The fact that they're insisting on doing the colonoscopy on such short notice makes me worry that I'm not getting all the facts.

6.  That I'm a jerkface for obsessing about boob stitches.  Nothing like a good heaping portion of reality and perspective to make you feel like an ass for whining about stitches.

5 comments:

Flea said...

Aiyiyi! I'm wincing in pain, imagining the contacts and the FHCs!!! OW!~!!

Flea said...

Oh don't feel like an ass. FHC powder in the eyes and boob stitches are still quite traumatic any way you look at it.

justlori2day said...

Im panicking about your boob stitches and dads colonoscopy.

I hope all goes well with nothing notable found in boobs or colons tomorrow!

As for the FHC's, tried em once, burned my eyebrows off when I wiped my brow, so I now only eat the regular ones! (far too many I may add)

Monkling said...

Okay, I really didn't mean to laugh about #3. Really. Bahahahahaha!!!! And how come you got stitches? I only got steri-strips. Did I get gypped?

Overflowing Brain said...

Monk-

I haven't gotten them yet. I'm having a scar revision done (from the April surgery that didn't heal properly) tomorrow. It'll be the first time I've ever had stitches put in while conscious. I'd say, no, you definitely aren't missing anything.