Loose Ends

Saturday, November 8, 2008

NaBloPoMoDoReMe is hard. And also, I can't write the acronym unless I check it online. I am constantly referring to it as NaMoBloPo, which really just kind of sounds bad.

Hi, I'm 12.

But seriously, the pressure. Like, today, I'm going to be busy all evening, so if I'm not around to blog, NOTHING WILL BE POSTED TODAY and holy crap, then I lose. So now I'm blogging at 8:45 in the morning and oddly, nothing of interest has happened yet today.

So I'm going to tie up some loose ends:

-My mom has gone home (I just want to clarify. When I say home, I mean to California, not like heaven. It sounded a little creepy). She has a CT angiogram scheduled Monday because her doctor is not letting her put it off (which was her inclination). The official word from the doctor is 70% occlusion means surgery, so the CT will give them the actual percent blockage instead of the percentage range that the last test did. Her uncle and mother both had the surgery, our whole family just has a horrible visceral reaction to it because my grandmother died only a few months after the surgery (her death, incidentally, was not related to this surgery).

-My dad is not on artificial nutrition yet, but he's also not gaining weight, or even maintaining it. He's still losing weight. And apparently he took a page out of my book as his doctor told him to call him after 10 days and when my dad did, he found the doctor was on vacation for a week. Don't EVEN get me started on that. My sister said he looks horrible, I'm afraid of what's happening to him.

-I miss my husband (happy 5 months of marriage! I remembered first this time). He's got 2 more weeks in La-La land.

-I'm tired of coaching. But, after today, I only have one more sporting competition for the year, and then we're done done done. DONE.

-Yes, my head still hurts. No, I don't want to talk about it.

-I have a laundry pile the height of Mount Everest. It's weird how it's just not taking care of itself. It's even weirder how I'm not even going to think about taking care of it myself right now. Just. don't. care.


On the horizon: finally booking my New York trip (woot!), finishing up my grad school applications (holy hell) and sleeping.

Oh, and a doctor's appointment for my foot this week, an ENT, boob doctor (hello first semi-annual freak out fest! How I have pretended like you weren't approaching. Damn you iCal) and psychiatrist appointment next week. And then the new neurologist the next week. Because spending money on co-pays is definitely better than working to have that money in the first place.

2 comments:

Gina F said...

"(happy 5 months of marriage! I remembered first this time)" I just had to laugh - my husband and I have been married for 16 years and on the 23rd of every month we compete to see who wishes the other a Happy Anniversary first. In 197 months we have only forgotten twice (those times fell on a weekend). It's a fun way to express love and appreciation of our marriage.

justlori2day said...

Happy 5 month anniversary!

I hope your dad gets some sort of nutrition soon, and I pray your mom isn't in the over 70% range - although maybe clearing things out will make her feel better.

Good luck with the last of the apps, and YAY on the trip to NY. Woohoo that there are only 2 weeks left of Slappy's "project in LA". I bet you cant wait to get him home again!

I hope good things are found at your appt's next week!