The box is overrated

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I got these in an email and they made me laugh hysterically. That is either due to the fact that I am a teacher, or the fact that I have the lamest sense of humor ever. Or some sort of compromise therein. But look, I blogged on Saturday! Not about my health!


Failing Exams with Style Humor

Because no teacher can argue with religious beliefs.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(In case you can't see it, it says: "Explain why phosphorous trichloride is Polar" Answer: "Because God made it that way.")

Freaking elephant. All up in that physics.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Did my husband write this one?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The limit to following the directions.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Captain Obvious
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Does anyone else think that this one looks an awful lot like the first one?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
("Sea salt is commercially obtained from sea water by the process of evaporation and crystallization. The main component of Sea Salt is sodium chloride. What type of attractive force or bond holds the sodium ions and chloride ions together in a crystal of sodium chloride? Answer: "James Bond")

6 comments:

justlori2day said...

That rocked it!!!

melissa said...

Those were funny. I can imagine as a teacher you see a lot of strange stuff. Then again, anyone who works with the public sees a lot of strange stuff.

The Floydster said...

When I was teaching I loved it when kids showed creativity like this!

Lauren said...

I get answers like that on quizzes in my English classes all the time and it never fails to make me laugh! My most recent favorite was from a quiz on the novel "The Alchemist," where the kids had to fill in the correct answer from a quote in the book: "When you have __________, all things are possible." The answer was "love," but one boy wrote, "Chuck Norris."

Then this past week, I saw a boy laughing like crazy during a vocabulary test and walked over to see what was so funny about this week's words. The definition of one word read "To see clearly," but he'd amended it to say "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone" and was overcome with amusement at himself.

This is when I LOVE teaching!

phia07 said...

You made my husband and I cry we laughed so hard!!! "find x" LOL

Anonymous said...

Those emails crack me up! Hope they helped your headache!
Claire in TX