8 Weeks

Thursday, November 13, 2008

My head is in a bad state today. Rather extremely bad.

So bad that I taught my last class entirely in the dark.

I used a projector for the first part of the class, but then just never turned the lights back on when I was finished. Ironically the light wasn't making my head hurt, but apparently there's an unwritten rule where students are more quiet when the lights are out, and not having to tell them to stop being (insert kinder synonyms for "loud idiots" here) or to keep their volume down, was better than any pill in any drug store. I think my ability to have compassion is starting to suffer some.

In case you weren't keeping track, today marks 8 weeks of headaches. I will admit that there have been some good days in those 56 days of hell, but the vast majority of them have not been. 8 weeks is a long time to deal with this, in fact, it's about 7 and a half weeks longer than I am capable of handling, in case you wondered.

And so, rather than trying to be profound or witty or thought provoking tonight, I'm just going to be finished. Because that's really all I can manage today.

1 comments:

Lori said...

I wish there were words of wisdom to share, but I really have none.

Still praying for healing and resolve!