Measurement

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I got a good measure of how healthy I sounded today when my department chairpersons came into my room and told me I was going home. Not asking me if I wanted to go home, not asking if I felt well enough to stay, informing me that I needed to get my butt home, to bed and rest. The caveat of this great coup being that I had to come back for parent-teacher conferences tonight.

So on the one hand, I got to go home and nap, on the other, I had to bring my raspy man voice with a cough back self back to work to meet with parents for 2 hours.

I'm thinking that given the enormous amounts of pain in my face every time I bend over that perhaps going to an ear, nose and throat doctor tomorrow is actually a good thing. Especially when it is followed by an appointment with a neurosurgeon who can possibly give some input on why my brain is on day like 27 of a headache.

Tomorrow will be interesting, that's for sure. Especially if they let me work all day long.

2 comments:

nola said...

My poor Katie :( Feel better soon, PLEASE!

justlori2day said...

I second what Nola said...

All of it.

This has to end. It just has to...