It's our time

Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm going to be brief so I can spend time with my mom, but I wanted to put up a quick post.

Today has blown in epic ways.

Like how everyone else at work got their 850 dollar surplus check (money I rather needed right now) and I didn't, because they screwed up my name on the check. And it was especially nice how the administrator dealing with the checks announced to the entire faculty that I would not be getting a check.

Or how my dad was getting better (pancreas CT was okay) except he's taken a turn for the worse and may have to have an artificial tube put in for feeding since he can't eat.

Or the call my mom just got from her neurologist letting her know that her recent ultrasound showed that one of her CAROTID arteries is at least 50-70% blocked. At 70% they have to go in and clean it out. Surgically. Just like my grandma had done a few short months before she died.

Just not really sure where to go with this. My money woes are insignificant, my parents' health woes are not.

We just really really need a win here.

5 comments:

Louise said...

Wow. Just... wow. I really, really hope that things start going some tiny bit better for you, soon. Now. Like, RIGHT NOW.

Flea said...

I second what Louise said. For all of you.

nola said...

Just hang in and remember to breathe. Oy.

jojo said...

Katie,
I don't know if this will help in any way but I had that same problem (your mom) and had the surgery to fix the artery...I just celebrated five years post surgery without any problems. I assume your mom is probably about my age...maybe that will be in her favor. Take care and I hope that things get better all around. Sending good thoughts and prayers for all of you...

kim-d said...

OY is right. Enough of this "a swing and a miss" stuff; things really do need to start turning around RIGHT NOW. It's not often that I just don't even have a clue of what to say, but now is one of those times. OY!