Ode to Talenti La Habana Mojito Sorbetto

Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's sad that I'm not at all being paid to promote this, but if you live near a Whole Foods, run, do not walk, and go get this product. I promise that you will not be disappointed.

I stumbled across this sorbet right after Hurricane Gustav when there were like no other frozen products and I will admit, I was totally skeeved out. I mean, when Whole Foods is without all frozen products except one sorbet, does that mean that I shouldn't eat that sorbet? I'm thinking probably. But I did anyways.

And oh. mah. God.

Possibly the greatest thing I've ever eaten. And yes, I realize I've made that claim about cakes of several varieties, chocolate mousse, and pancakes but here's the catch, I don't like ice cream. Or even sorbet. I don't like really anything from the frozen novelties section. But this? This is freaking incredible. I'd make out with this. Maybe I already have.

It's sweet, but tangy. Rummy, limey, minty and slushy. The flavors don't overwhelm each other, they blend perfectly, like a chord of tastes dancing a symphony in your mouth (holy crap, I should be a food critic).

In short, I'm going to go eat some in the bath tub, and by some, I mean probably all of it. Which would be fine because that'd only be 380 calories and no fat. I'm serious. I highly suggest you do the same.

It's possible I've hit a blogging low point today. Whatever, I have mojito sorbet, I don't give a crap about anything right now.


And in other news, I'm calling the neurologist back tomorrow because my head is getting noticeably worse, and that was her only parting advice: call if it gets worse (we have a winner!). Neither of the stupid medications she gave me are doing a single good thing and I'm tired of this crap. So I'm waving a big white flag, throwing in a brain sized towel and hoping for another, more productive appointment. Or at least a one-on-one session with an MRI tube.

4 comments:

Monkling said...

You are an evil, wicked woman. I just thought you should know that. I was thinking just today that maybe tomorrow I should take a ride out to Whole Foods. I did not need new items to add to my list of things I want to buy when I'm there. Guess I am going to be heading out that way tomorrow for sure now.

LilSass said...

Posting about food is most certainly NOT a blog low, it's a nice breath of fresh air. And this business about your head pain, I am so so sorry. Calling the doc is the BEST thing to do. You know this doesn't make you a 'quitter' ... it makes the promises on that prescription pad bullshit!

Flea said...

DO NOT downplay to the doctor!!!! BE SPECIFIC! DRAMATIZE! GO TO THE OFFICE AND FAINT IN THE WAITING ROOM!!!! HAVE SLAPPY TAKE YOU IN AND WAIT TO BE SEEN. Seriously.

Yaw Anokwa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.