Accolades

Sunday, September 7, 2008

I have received not one, not two, but three! awards this past week and I wanted to take a minute to acknowledge the award givers and thank them for the awards. These are the 3rd, 4th and 5th awards that this blog has received, the other 2 were both from Flea and both were sort of lost in the blog template transition. Because I am an html goddess.


The first award was from my good friend Monkling. Even though she posted a picture of Sarah Palin as Rosie the Riveter, I still try to be her friend. Try, I said (hey look, there went all my conservative readers. Kidding! I love Republicans. Frankly, as long as you vote, we can be friends.) Anyways, she gave me the kick ass blogger award! Woot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oddly, each award has some rules. This is puzzling to me. I have not won many awards in my life, but none of them have come with rules. I'm posting them because contrary to my flippant attitude, I am someone who totally freaking respects authority.

Kickass Blogger Award Rules:
1. Choose 5 bloggers that you feel are “Kick Ass Bloggers”
2. Let ‘em know in your post or via email, twitter or blog comments that they’ve received an award
3. Share the love and link back to both the person who awarded you and back to Mamma Dawg
4. Hop on back to the Kick Ass Blogger Club HQ to sign Mr. Linky then pass it on!


The last two awards were given to me by a new reader who came by way of Hurricane Gustav. Well, not literally. Lori is a new reader (who is not yet disenchanted with my incessant ranting and use of parenthetical statements) and I'm really glad she found her way over here (I almost said stumbled over here, but as I've recently learned, that's something entirely different than what I do up the stairs everyday). She gave me the "I love you this much" award and the "smile" award.

Shut up, I smile sometimes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Again, with the rules. Apparently, the love one doesn't have rules. How appropriate. Sometimes I wish I could put rules on love. Like, even if you love me, please don't talk to me at 7 in the morning. Because really, I don't love you this much at 7 in the morning.

Anyways, the information for the ironic smile award:

Now, the characteristics for the Smile Award are:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes. (Aaaand this is how I qualified)
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world. (bwa ha ha ha)
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.

There are rules attached... Here are they are:
1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator (The Babblings of Mere).
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award (see above). (Ahahahaha. Suckers.)
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver. Thanks Lori. Though I joke about the qualifications I somehow possess, I am truly, very honored.


Okay, now the part you've been waiting for (who am I kidding, I know you stopped reading already), my 5 award recipients. I'm not going to lie to you, it's difficult to pick award winners. I wish I could include each and every one of you, but I can't (there are rules, people). And I'm sure some of you have received any one of these three awards before (seriously Monkling, I was going to pick like 3 of the 5 people you picked, NOT HELPING!), but well, I guess you really kick ass, or a lot of people love you this much, or you smile a lot. Either way, if one award is good, 3 more is awesome.

So, in alphabetical order:

1. Legally Blonde Ambition Daisy and I lead really frighteningly parallel lives. Sure she's a lawyer and lives in a big city without hurricanes, but really, if you read closely, it's uncanny bordering on creepy. But, you know, the good kind of creepy. And she offered up her place to us if we evacuate to the big city she lives in. She kicks ass and I bet she even smiles.

2. Live Love Laugh Lace suffers from the same giant brain problem I have. She has been a constant support to me and I know so many other people. Go read her blog and see how amazing her strength in the face of pain is. Really. You decidedly kick ass, and I know you smile a lot.

3. NOLA Notes Frankly, I owe the few shreds of my remaining sanity to NOLA. She called and talked me down from a ledge last week (a metaphorical one, people) and has given me great advice in not freaking out for every hurricane- including the 2 she THREW at me on facebook. She's also become a good friend and has made living in New Orleans something different for me than it originally was. For the first time since moving here, I'm actually a little sad at the idea of relocating at the end of this year. She's also the mother of a really cute kid and she kicks everyone's ass when they need it.

4. Stumbling Through Adulthood Laura and I also live parallel lives. She is a New Orleanian transplant, engaged and trying to find her way through life in a new place. Her blog also somehow deleted itself and I can only begin to imagine how frustrating that must have been and frankly am kind of amazed it hasn't happened to me yet. Anyways, Laura is a kick ass girl and you should definitely go help her repopulate her blog.

5. Wonderful World of Wieners I'm sure Hallie has already received all 3 of these awards, but, well, I don't know, I like her. She has some serious issues (um, Morbid Mondays?), but I can't help it, I love reading. I would advise that if you are not a regular reader that you don't begin reading until Tuesday. Unless you have a strong stomach and are a glutton for punishment. Just saying. But again, despite the disgustingness, she kicks ass.

So there. That took like an hour of linking, but I think I'm done. To all award recipients, please know that if you never post the rules or give the award to 5 more people, I'll hunt you down and harm you be totally unoffended. It takes a long time to be this highly acclaimed. Congratulations.

10 comments:

lace1070 said...

Katie ~ thanks so much for the awards ~ and u r right ~ I have been accused many a time of having an incredibly contagious smile :) Praying that Ike will take a big left turn and head for Mexico ~ enough already! Hugs ~ Lace

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Serious issues? What the hell do you mean? I MERELY use MOnday's to educate my masses - I think that's damn selfless of me!!

Love the awards and love that you come back to check me out even if YOU don't get Morbid Monday! :)

Hallie

LauraMae said...

Thanks so much! My first (and probably last) blogging award...I think I may be blushing a little.

Flea said...

That rule crap drives me crazy, but I play by 'em, so I understand. It's knee jerk, huh? Someone says do it, so we do.

Love your awards. :) Maybe they'll distract you a little longer.

Daisy Duke said...

Yay me! Can I put them on my resume??

In all seriousness, thanks a million. At least we have slightly awesome parallel lives? Erm.....

Will give out awards as soon as I can...

Monkling said...

You know what? You have an excellent point about awards and rules. Why are there rules for awards? As soon as whatever the heck this sinus thing is that's making my head feel like it's going to explode, I think I need to come up with a new, rule-less award.

And you had me cracking up in spite of my facial pain, which is why I gave you the award in the first place.

justlori2day said...

Monkling I agree, and I too have thought about an non rule award. I felt bad posting the rules, but they came with them, so I was obligated... Katie, I am glad they made you smile!

Daisy Duke said...

Oh! And I do smile! Because if I didn't, methinks that the 8 years of braces would be wasted. Yes...8 years. Because some people have crooked teeth, and *some* of us have teeth that grow into the wrong spots. Whatever.

Becs said...

Congrats on the award!

However, don't understand the 'must love kids' rule. Actually, I love kids. The young ones are very tasty with a good Bearnaise and duchess potatoes.

nola said...

Congrats on all the awards. People like you, they really like you! (My Sally Field imitation). Your blog is worth all and more in the awards department.

Thanks so much for my award. :) <- smiling. Can't promise I will have the energy soon to do all the linking! But, really, thanks!