Quick thoughts...

Thursday, August 21, 2008

First, the movie was great. I highly recommend it if you're into Cirque at all. You won't be disappointed. You might be scared shitless, as I am every time I see something like this, but definitely not disappointed. (Katie does not like the circus, it stems from a fear of watching someone die. Katie is not sure why she's talking in the 3rd person tonight. It could be because of item number 2...)

Second, my head continues to be a freaking nightmare. I like the idea of the chocolate withdrawal headache, but wouldn't that have come on a lot sooner than 2 weeks after cutting it out? If I don't have caffeine I'm dying within like 6 hours, it just doesn't make sense to me that it'd take 12 days to get the same reaction from chocolate. That, plus the now incessant muscle twitching that was one of my classic pre-surgery symptoms, and well, mostly I'm just hoping that things are inflamed and exacerbated by stress. September 9th cannot come soon enough.

Third, yes I am on the cancellation list in case anything comes up before September 9th. I danced briefly with the idea of an ER trip last night, but since today was a hugely big day at work, I just went to bed instead.

Fourth, I'm guest blogging here tomorrow. I'm finally going to reveal my most embarrassing moment (to date, I should probably specify). And see if I can't get myself kicked out of someone else's blog. Heh.

Fifth, I think we're going to be taking a mini-vacation Labor Day weekend. Because we like to support oil companies as often as possible, and frankly, after a week with students, I'm already ready for a vacation. And also, there's a school and friends we want to see, and Nashville is only an 8 hour car ride. And did I mention we like to support oil companies?

Sixth, how is it possibly not Saturday yet?

Dear this week, can you please stop? I'd like to get off.

5 comments:

Monkling said...

I love vacations & I love Nashville. Unfortunately, it's way more than an 8 hour ride for us. Anyone good going to be playing there that weekend?

You do know stress can do a lot of freaky things to one's body. If you're into that spa stuff, I think you should go for one while you're in Nashville.

varietyisthespice said...

I still have never seen Cirque!

As for your most embarrassing moment, I hope it tops mine so I feel better about my many many moments. :P

Flea said...

Katie! I hurt for you! No, 12 days isn't caffeine withdrawals. I'm so sorry.

Akinoluna - a female Marine said...

I have a random fear not of watching someone die, but of finding a dead body.

Ness said...

Have a great weekend! I'm four hours from Nashville but I already have anniversary plans for the holiday weekend. Not that you wanted to meet me anyway...