Promise you'll love me no matter what?

Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm anxious about this appointment tomorrow.

As far as I can tell, there are 3 possibilities, all of which have their share of pros and cons. All of them involve an ultrasound (um, and not the kind where they move a wand on your belly. Think lower and less comfortable). All of them involve me freaking out today.

The possibilities:

1. Holy hell I'm going to have a baby. The obvious pro is that babies are wonderful. Who doesn't love a baby? The more obvious con is that this is probably the worst possible timing for such a blessing. 2 new housemates would probably want to move out, which would make our rent exorbitant and we're locked into our lease until May. I would have to drop some, if not all of my classes, and would have to push life plans back at least a year, if not indefinitely.

2. I'm not having a baby, I'm just crazy (or something else is wrong). The pro here is, well, no baby, which means none of those things listed above. The con is that, well, then what the hell is going on? This not normal and I'd kind of like to have an explanation. Not to mention that I've made them move my appointment up for no reason and made a big to-do about nothing. Yes, I have unrealistic embarrassment issues, I'm aware of this.

3. Not sure, also known as "wait-and-see." If the answers are not clear (the story of my freaking life), then we wait. This does not have any pros and the con is that it will drive me abso-freakin-lutely crazy.


I realize that this might be the type of news that you don't share with strangers until you know for sure that everything is fine, but I will most likely hop on here tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work because now matter what the answer is there is news to share. Just promise me that no matter how crazy I am tomorrow, regardless of whether it's situation 1, 2 or 3 that you'll be nice to me? I need nice right now.

And also? Answers. I needs them.

11 comments:

Ness said...

I'll give you nice. And I'm also keeping you in my prayers. Hang in there, Katie!

Anonymous said...

Of course we'll be nice. And I wouldn't worry about anything just yet. It's all out of your hands.

Anna in IL

nola said...

At least the appointment is tomorrow! Do keep us posted. Will it be a Sour Patch Baby?

SoMo said...

And don't worry about the u/s, the wand brings protection.

Good luck

Charlotte said...

Don't worry, the ultrasound is really not that big a deal.

Thinking of you...

Monkling said...

I have nothing useful to say. Will it make you feel better to know I'm going to that sort of doctor tomorrow, too? Although not for the whole ultrasound thing, although I have had that. More than once.

Cathy in MI said...

Good Luck, if that's the appropriate thing to say? :) I had 3 unplanned pregnancies (yes we had planned to have kids but never actually tried to get preganant the timing ways always wrong) but I have 3 great kids and a family I wouldn't trade for anything!!!!! So just go with an open mind. Also, I am sure you have considered this but think about stress... it can alter your cycle and with the wedding, the honeymoon theft, home to the job that didn't quite work out then the stress of the teaching job do you have it or don't you (great news that you do) and the boob thing... I am just thinking you have had your share of stress this summer so maybe that's it. Either way, hopefully it's not a serious medical condition and if it's a honeymoon baby you will love it, nuture it and then how fun years down the road to tell the baby you got the best honeymoon wedding present ever. It will all work out. OK, this is way too long winded of me... My thoughts are with you.

kim-d said...

Oh for pete's sake, I SUPPOSE I'll be nice to ya, if you insist. HAHAHA! Seriously, I will definitely be nice; there are just some times that even good-natured joking is enough to make ya weep uncontrollably.

The thing about babies? WHEN is a good time? I've heard and read that if everyone waited until the right, good time? There would never be any babies. You would make it work. But, to be honest? I really, really don't think you're with child, even thought I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO COME UP WITH THIS (well, at least on your blog).

First, as Anna said, it's all out of your hands. And whatever it turns out to be you'll deal with it. Second, Cathy in MI makes a lot of sense. With all you had going on at that time, plus the unexpected and awful getting robbed, plus all of the many honeymoon sexings and all, your cycle possibly got so stressed out it needed to go into hiding and chill for a while. All I can say is, please try not to worry about it too much because I don't think that helps. Unless you WANT to worry, then go ahead--cause then it helps you. :)

You know I'll be lurking around, waiting for news after your appointment...

Daisy Duke said...

I already told you the deal..now please let me send you the booze.

Anonymous said...

Nice it will be, have been lurking around all day checking on you. Geez do I not have a life?
Kathy

Lanny said...

I've done the ultrasound (THAT ultrasound) gig more times that I can count. I have two funny stories that I can share if that will make you feel better. :)

Here's my totally non-medical guess:
didn't you say you lost some weight? that can mess with your cycle, as can stress (hello? the whole job thing? the theft? etc!) sooo...
no u/s, just a check
prometrium for 10 days to bring it on.

Don't you love my cracker jack box medical degree? :D