More important news

Monday, August 11, 2008

If you didn't read earlier, the appointment info is below. But I just got an email from my mom and I wanted to take a second to be really serious and ask for your support, thoughts and prayers for someone who needs it much more than I do.

A good friend of our family, who is my age, was hit with an explosive device while on active duty with the military in Iraq last week. He has been transported to the United States (Walter Reed), but is not expected to live. In addition to the immediate injuries from the explosion, he has suffered a brain hemorrhage and now his heart is beating much too slow for no comprehensible reason.

His family is one of the strongest, most faithful groups of people I've ever known and I know that they would be so comforted to know that you were lifting their son, nephew, brother and friend, in prayer. If prayer's not your thing, then good thoughts are just as appreciated.

Life is so precious, let's hope and pray together that Drew's is not lost.

9 comments:

Cathy in MI said...

Thinking about your friend and his family and friends, this must be such a difficult time for him and them.

Monkling said...

They've got my prayers

Lanny said...

Prayers said!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

My heart is so sad. Praying, praying, praying.

Hallie

Anonymous said...

Praying for Drew and his family and friends.
Kathy

Ness said...

Something does not happen to one without it affecting all in their world. My prayers are with Drew, his medical team, his family and friends that Drew will be able to fight back and overcome this latest curve ball thrown at him. I will light a candle for him at church.

asthmagirl said...

I'm sending healing thoughts for the best posible outcomes.

Flea said...

I'll pray. That's gut wrenching.

jojo said...

Praying for Drew and his family/friends. I hope all will be well.