Grocery shopping with men

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Okay, so technically we weren't grocery shopping. We were on a mission to find sweets that don't have chocolate. Or peanut butter. Or blueberries. We were successful. VERY successful (she types while scarfing down a handful of spice drops. YUM).

But apparently my husband does not often go to the store. Or use his brain. (Love you!)

First, while looking at a pack of Sour Patch Kids, he said, "Oh great, now they're in the form of kids. That's gross. Now kids, what's next?" To which I asked what he thought he was (metaphorically) eating when he consumed Sour Patch Kids. At first he looked bewildered, then embarrassed, then I don't really remember because I was doing my "I'm right" dance, in which I basked in the glory of my obvious rightness. I just remember that it was awesome.

Approximately 2 and a half minutes later, standing in line to buy copious amounts of candy check out, he noticed a sale section of Halloween candy and said, "I'm not sure what's more disturbing- that there's Halloween candy here or that they saved it and waited 8 months to put it on sale."

I don't think I even need to make fun of that. I'm pretty sure it does that all by itself.

I'm also pretty sure he's not talking to me right now, but mostly because he's embarrassed at himself. Or at least that's what I'm going with.

2 comments:

Flea said...

LOL!!!! How old is Slappy? He sounds a lot like my 14 year old son, the absent minded professor. :)

nola said...

Mmmm. Candy. Me want some....