Wedding part 9: The Outtakes

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Okay, it took me literally about an hour to do all the editing (I'm slow, I know it), but here they are. The last wedding pictures left to share. It's the end of an era.

I'm so poetic. Let's get started, eh?

First, very early in the photographic sequence, there was a bug under the top layer of my dress. How many adults does it take to get a bug out of the biggest dress of all time? 3 apparently. Do you notice anything else odd about this picture?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Next, a moment to be captured on film- the first look. In which both of us appear to be looking at Slappy's crotch. What was that about?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And then a picture with all the little people in the wedding. Especially the crying baby. And the flower girl who is LOVING it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Another quality moment was when the Rabbi declared us officially engaged. What is one to do in such a situation? Fist. pump.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


So after we got married we tried to do some more pictures, but my brain was, well fried. Or drunk. With LOVE. Example: the photographer wanted a picture of us holding hands and pulling slightly away. I did not understand. And oh, you'll notice a trend, my wedding day was also dramatic laughing day. Just fyi.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Oh, what? More dramatic laughing? Whodda thunk?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And as I got less intelligent, I also got less capable of smiling. Good thing I have 2 helpful sisters. I'd call them "special" and I'll let you figure out what the quotation marks denote.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Onto the reception. I alluded in a previous wedding post about the dip during the dance. I did not want to be dipped. I had images of falling on my head in front of all my family and friends and I made those very clear. My husband, his hearing, it's not so good...(notice the yokels in the background laughing at my expense)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Then there was the always entertaining Harry Potter who at one point came back from playing around the room (in the middle of dinner and about an hour before cake was served) and exclaimed "I GOT CAKE!" Ha. We'll be showing this picture to all of his future girlfriends.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And last but not least, the cake. I also was quite clear here that I didn't want cake in my face (yes, I'm a nag, I'm aware), so instead I got a gigantic bite of frosting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So Slappy got the biggest bite of cake ever. And then shared it with me via a narsty kiss.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And those, my friends, are the last of the wedding pictures I'm going to share. Mostly because that was a time/life/energy sucking vortex and I never want to try and wipe someone's face out of a picture again. Now we just need to sit down together and decide which 50 of the 798 pictures we want to put in an album. I'm sure it won't take long. Probably not as long as wiping Slappy's face off every picture with an atom sized eraser square.

I said probably.

11 comments:

Monkling said...

I know Slappy!! You never told us he was on Broadway or that you married the Phantom.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Simply awesome!! I think these were the best of them all. Such fun!

Hallie :)

jojo said...

That Slappy...he's one handsome guy. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Monkling, I *also* thought that he looked like the Phantom! I guess it'll be a good fall-back career if med school doesn't work out.

Anna in IL

Daisy Duke said...

He looks like the Phantom of the Opera..... but apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so :-)

Thanks for all your "good luck" and "stolen wallet" thoughts. The book club post is up :-)

Ness said...

You deserve an Oscar for taking the time to alter his face in the pics. I forgot...why is it that he can't show his face? Besides the obvious autograph requests for his Phantom sig?

the queen said...

Woman. Why are you flipping off the photographer in the first picture?

Overflowing Brain said...

Thank you. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice the finger in the first picture.

And to answer your question, I have no idea. It's a natural reaction? I was really unhappy with that bug? I was spending time with my sister? All plausible scenarios.

Flea said...

First, I couldn't find the other something wrong in the first picture. Of course, I'm looking for a scuba diver to walk past with a top hat, like those crazy pictures in Highlights magazine.

Second, how on earth did you keep from getting Slappy's clown white all over your face when he kissed you? :)

nola said...

You married V for Vendetta!?!? Cool :)

Taylor said...

Oh my god. The cake facial expressions are completely priceless and hilarious. You should literally have those made up into thank you cards to send out to all your guests!

(also, I read your blog on my google reader, so whenever I have to click through to comment, I'm always totally freaked out by your brain surgery picture on the masthead! It makes my bones go all tingly!)