Wedding part 8: The Honeymoon, part 1

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm still working on the outtake pictures from the wedding, but I have many honeymoon pictures (ALL of which are G rated, by the way) to share, so I'm going to get started on those.

We were on the island of Maui in a little area called Napili, at one of the condo type resorts. We had our own kitchen, washer, dryer, etc, but also had housekeeping service. The best of both worlds. If you're ever looking to go to Maui, email me and I'll give you all the necessary details.

Here's our hotel:

Looking at the front (our door is behind the stairs)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

View from the front door looking in:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The living room (and me, vacationing)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The porch
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The view out from the porch
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(This cove is where we did most of our snorkeling and where we saw no less than 15 gigantic sea turtles. They were incredible. Pictures eventually when I get them developed)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


If you are ever in Maui, regardless of which side of the island you are on, there is one place you absolutely MUST eat. We ate breakfast here 4 separate times. And holy crap. The best food I've ever eaten. I'm not even slightly joking. This restaurant, called the Gazebo, is open from like 7 to 2, and there will always be a line. But the line moves and even if it didn't, it would be so beyond worth the wait. Why you ask?

Well, first, here's the view we had on our walk from our hotel to the Gazebo.

(A dirt path)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(Ocean!)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then there's the view from inside the restaurant:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

(Despite the fact that I look mentally deficient, look at the view!)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And then there's the FOOD. Oh. my. God. They serve breakfast and lunch, but their pancakes are to die for. I tried 4 different versions and by far my favorite were these: banana macadamia nut white chocolate chip pancakes. With whipped cream, coconut and maple syrup. Be still my heart.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Slappy's last meal there was a Monte Cristo. Considering that I'm allergic to eggs, I did not partake, but he assured me that it was excellent. Other noteworthy dishes (according to him) included an omelet and the breakfast burrito.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


We also got to mingle with wildlife, like the mangiest bird ever, of which we have like 12 pictures of because Slappy is the master of taking 10,000 terrible (usually candid) pictures, hence the above one of me looking half-unconscious.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And finally, did I mention the view?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That's just the hotel and food. Tomorrow will be the Luau (fun drunk pictures!) and our hiking trip. Eventually I'll get the snorkeling pictures back because your lives won't be complete if you don't see me looking like an albino in a bikini.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, I'm jealous!

Anna in IL

Monkling said...

Hmmm... I don't know, Katie. Looks like Bermuda to me. Yeah so I haven't been to that many places & they all look the same. So sue me.

nola said...

I so want to be there! Looks like it was an awesome time!!

LauraMae said...

Looks like a tiny slice of heaven to me! Very jealous!!