Sitting on the dock of the bay...

Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm not sure if I've mentioned lately how much this waiting to hear about my job thing is harming my mental health, but just let me tell you, it is. A LOT.

The email Thursday said they'd meet with me today. It did not say when, it did not say how to contact them, it did not say what I should do. So I emailed again today, just checking in and seeing if they wanted to have me come in. I even showered before noon today, just so I'd be ready at a minute's notice.

And then I've waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Oh, and then I WAITED SOME MORE.

I would just drive down there and wait, but of course, I have a chemistry test today, so I can't really trash the whole day (I will tomorrow if need be). But for the love of all that is holy and sacred, I need some news.

It's fine, if you don't have a job for me, just tell me already. If you're still working on it and it's going to take more time, just tell me. If you have a job, then great, TELL ME.

But seriously, this waiting with no news is so many levels of not okay.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with my days when they aren't filled with hours and hours of waiting for any news at all. I can only imagine what that might feel like or WHEN I MIGHT GET TO EXPERIENCE IT.

2 comments:

April said...

I agree that is the worst, I hate when people don't get back with you. Even if it's to say "I'm busy I'll give you a call later". It's only common courtesy, well I guess it's not so common! :)

nola said...

I feel your pain. I HATE waiting. All the best!