It is done

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So it's taken care of.

Yes, telling the employer today was probably not the wisest decision, and it's not that I'm not listening to your advice, I just know my conscience is not going to be okay with this, so I did what I thought to be right. He didn't offer me more money when I explained the situation, which is fine, I wouldn't have been able to take it, but it definitely made me feel a little better (you know, not guilting him into that). I'm still getting paid for my teaching job through August and have health insurance until September 1st, so I have some time to sort it out. I will still be able to get the clinical experience I need to apply to grad programs, it'll just be volunteer hours, which is fine.

On the upside, now I can start studying for the GRE and my insane Chemistry class where we have a quiz every day and a test every 4th day. It's doable, especially now that I have copious amounts of free time. I'm still waiting to hear from my old job, but I am thankfully qualified to teach a number of subjects, so if I can't get that job back, there's a reasonable chance I can get a different one. It's certainly not all taken care of my any means, but I'm done with being angstful about it. It's going to work out, perhaps not as easily or neatly as I want it to, but it will and until then, I'm going to do what I need to do and be fine.

Tomorrow will be back to all wedding pictures all the time. Thanks for listening to my ranting and for offering advice, even when I didn't take it.

9 comments:

kim-d said...

What am I, chopped liver? Because, actually, you did take my advice. You did what you knew to be right FOR YOU. You just can never go wrong with that...

Katie said...

Not chopped liver, just one of the few who love me unconditionally, and whom I don't have to apologize to at this particular time.

Thanks :)

Lanny said...

I, too, think you did the right thing. Not that it really matters what I think, but I do want you to know that you have somebody else in your corner.

And now you probably have Karma in your corner, which is always a good thing! :)

Good luck with the job hunt and school! You can do it!!! :)

Flea said...

Any chance you can substitute teach to pick up the hours you need without being full time?

Katie said...

Flea-

It is a possibility, but I don't have a Louisiana teaching credential, so I can only work in private schools who usually don't have a great need for subs or don't actually pay them (I used to leave my subs gift cards).

I'm going to be able to get the hours and probably at a place I'm familiar with, which will be nice too. Now I just have to hold my breath and wait for any news from my old job.

Lanny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lanny said...

Katie, I deleted that comment. I don't *think* I said anything I wasn't supposed to (subject), but I wasn't sure, so I deleted it. Sorry about that.

nola said...

What's a conscience? Just kidding! Glad you feel better. A certain comic shop may need a part time clerk. Just sayin'.

I am sure it will all work out. Whew. Now, go study!

sophmom said...

Easy and neat are way overrated.

DotCalm