I love technology = the end of anonymity

Thursday, July 17, 2008

No anonymous, I don't have your name, however, I have much more than that.

IP Address: 160.129.209.# (Vanderbilt University Medical Center)

Continent: North America
Country: United States
State: Tennessee
City: Nashville
Lat/Long: 36.1866, -86.7852

Language: English (U.S.)
Operating System : Microsoft Win2000
Browser: Internet Explorer 6.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)
Javascript: version 1.3
Monitor Resolution: 1024 x 768
Color Depth: 24 bits

I know that because you viewed my blog from the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, you're probably a medical student*, which seriously worries me for all those in Tennessee who might encounter you in real life. How did you possibly make it to medical school without learning how to make your nouns and verbs agree? Did you know they teach that in like, um, kindergarten?

I also know that you stopped by earlier this morning before leaving your unnecessary comment and that you looked at my twitter stream. I'm not sure why that led you back, but you then came back at 11:33am to leave your anonymous comment.

Then, at 3:18pm, you came back to see if your comment stirred the pot. I hope you were pleased that other people realized what a huge uneducated douche tool you are.

So come back, I dare you. Leave another comment, maybe even a grammatically correct one for a change. I will know. I promise that when I am able to figure out exactly who you are I will make sure everyone you know, there in Nashville and maybe even wherever you apply for your residency, knows what a humongous asshole you are. Residency programs really like character references and I'll be sure to give a fantastically descriptive one.

Karma is a bitch. You'll see.

(*I realize I made a rather large assumption here. If you're not a medical student, then just change all references of "residency applications" to "future job." The point remains the same.)

8 comments:

Lanny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maitri said...

You assume that because this person uses a computer at a medical facility, he or she is a medical professional. Could be someone in admin, too.

Lanny said...

LMAO Katie!

FACT: Doctors with poor bedside manner are sued more often that doctors with good bedside manner. I do believe I know one way karma will bite this individual!

Katie said...

Damn, you're right. I'd really like to think that the person isn't in the administration, but I guess that might be better than being a medical professional after all.

I'll edit later tonight. Thanks for pointing it out.

Anonymous said...

Katie, you crack me up (and make me nervous about my grammer)! Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Anya

Yolanda said...

i had a stalker for a while. i knew who it was and i called him out. i posted every time he visited my blog. several times a day. i posted embarrassing stuff about him.

THEN, one of his cronies messaged me through myspace. and he stopped stalking.

how stupid does someone have to be to post anonymous comments from work? i totally wait until i get home to post rude comments.

Monkling said...

If you had the entire IP (more numbers rather than the # part)you could go to this website: geomaplookup.cinnamonthoughts.org which would then give you their Internet service provider as well. Just saying you can get even more info... :)

Flea said...

This person may just be a janitor, you know.