Hurry up and wait some more

Friday, July 11, 2008

So I got an email from my former work last night, a really really nice email, by the way. Unfortunately, they filled the last open teacher position 2 weeks ago (and it was totally a subject I could've taught too. DOH).

But...

They're going to begin working on the schedule today (that is, putting the students in classes, etc) and after that they're going to see if there's any job I might be able to take (teaching that is, they're not going to make me a janitor). If there are large classes they can redistribute the students and add more sections of a few classes. The principal said she thought they'd be able to meet with me on Monday with the outcome of the scheduling.

So really, we're in the exact same place of waiting with no news, but at least now I have hope and the support of my former administration. I get the feeling that if they can't give me my job back that they'll help me find another one. Or at least I'm going to pretend like that's true, even if it's not.

3 comments:

YatPundit said...

i hope it works out. I can't say about that particular school's administration, in that I don't know personalities, but if i wanted to go back to the classroom, that school would be on my short list. I agree with how they do things, philosophy, etc.

nola said...

Sounds like you will be employed come Monday. Classes are always too big. Especially the good schools :)

Flea said...

Okay. Yay. So there's hope. That's a good thing! Any other private schools nearby need teachers?