Another poll

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'm using you like a marriage counselor to prove that I'm right all the time (wait, is that not what they do?).

I have a new issue I need settled. I was eating jelly bellies and I likened the orange one to a 50/50 ice cream bar, which Slappy insists is something I made up. I tried wikipedia-ing it and google imagine it to no avail, so I'm going to need y'all's help.

If you are familiar with these wonderful ice cream treats of my childhood, please comment and remind Slappy what they are so that I can prove, once again, that I am supremely wise. Er, something like that.

(By the way, in regards to the last poll, Slappy eats Kiwis skin and all (though honestly, I doubt he's ever cleaned one off before eating it), however, the unfortunate part was that I bet him that no one else does it, so thanks a lot Robin (just joking, of course), I lost that one.)

12 comments:

nola said...

What the? Eh, never heard of a 50/50 ice cream. Slappy 1, Katie O.

Ryan said...

I've never heard of 'em.

Anonymous said...

Nope, and we had the ice cream truck come by everyday.
Kathy

CatMominPhilly said...

I am remembering 2 different variations:

1. the obvious cream/fake cream centered orange popsicles. The kind that are popsicle on outside, "icecream" on inside.

2. I'm pretty sure the schwann's truck used to deliver orange cream and raspberry cream pops. ORANGE CREAM.l.....like swirls...i can picture it, although i don't know if you are talking about this.

anyway, when i read ur post i was like...yea...yummy...orange cream pops.

CatMominPhilly said...

http://www.schwans.com/product/productDetails.aspx?tb=2&c1=4779&c2=4808&c3=4810&prd=53005

is this what you are talking about katie?

Sandra said...

CREAMSICLES!!!!
TOTALLY remember them, and they still sell them here.... they are good!

http://www.icecreo.com/images/creamsicle%20copy.jpg

P.S. thanks for the info on the wedding site, I will write you back later this evening! Much appreciated!

CatMominPhilly said...

okay, because I just randomly get obsessed with things this random (And in turn am now a comment hog).....I just read a lot of references on line to the '50/50' bars of the past. In 2002, Breyer's had some kind of throwback flavor.

point being, i think u win this round...

Katie said...

Yes! Sandra- the link you have, I guess the creamsicle, that's EXACTLY it.

We just always called it 50/50.

robin said...

Sorry to ruin your bet about kiwis. Slappy and I will enjoy the entire kiwi, skin and all, while the rest of you act like fruit elitists. : )

and I've never heard the term 50/50 used to refer to the Creamsicle...

Ashley said...

i used to eat (and still) creamsicles all the time, though never heard of them being called 50/50 bars before... i love them... you can get them in different flavours too

Sandra said...

I think it just varies by brand... my dad always called them 50/50 bars... we can go to the local "ice cream truck supply" place and they call them 50/50's there, but in the stores I always saw them as creamsicles.... same difference... now I am jonesing for a darn popsicle!!!

kim-d said...

Oh NUM! Creamsicles! I just had never heard them called a 50/50 bar before. I could swear, though, that at some point when I was a young kid, they were called Dreamsicles. Proving once again that I am old. Or hallucinating.