8 Things

Friday, July 18, 2008

I stole this Meme from Kim because it's been a while since I've seen or been tagged for a good Meme (why do I think I might regret that statement later?) and I felt like between the troll post (hi, I saw you visited twice today, how're things in Nashville?), the pity party post and how much I want to sit here and bitch to you about how extremely crappy I feel, it might be time for something different.

So here we go. An 8 things Meme.

8 things I have passion for
1. My husband. Yep, you made the top of the list.
2. My Friend(s). I don't have a lot, but the ones I have, I hold dearly.
3. Learning. School is my mistress.
4. Technology. I love television, music, video games and the interwebs. I do. There, I said it.
5. My beliefs. You don't have to agree with them, but I hold them rather dear.
6. My faith. It doesn't fit into any simple umbrella of a religion, but it is my faith and it is pretty important to me.
7. Voting. Do it, or else.
8. Not failing. I guess this is more of a fear than a passion, but I strive to not fail more than I do most anything else.


8 things I would like to do before I die
1. Give birth to at least one child, and live to raise them to be a good person.
2. Finish my education. Seriously, I love learning, but boy would I love to be finished with school someday.
3. Become fluent in another language. I've learned both Spanish and Greek, but have not been fluent in either.
4. Make a difference in a way that positively impacts other people.
5. Be the best at something. God I know this sounds selfish, but I've never won 1st place at anything. And at some point before I die, I'd like to get a trophy or a ribbon or something commemorating a 1st place accomplishment.
6. Go back to Greece and share that part of my past with my family.
7. Own my own home.
8. Have money that I could spend without feeling guilty. Again selfish, but also, pretty unlikely to ever happen.


8 things I Say a lot
1. Um.
2. Do you want a cookie? (I'm working on this because it's come to my attention that it's not very nice...)
3. Kiss my butt/ass
4. Bite me
5. Love me (usually follows 2, 3 or 4)
6. Seriously?
7. Sure (Slappy HATES the word sure, and I don't usually use it to bother him, though it has been known to happen on occasion).
8. Frick


8 books I have read lately
1. "Chemistry" by Raymond Chang, 9th edition
2. "You've Been Warned" by James Patterson (so not as good as most of his stuff)
3. "Sail" also by James Patterson (much better)
4. "The Year of Fog" by Michelle Richmond (pretty good
5. "7th Heaven" by James Patterson (anyone see a pattern?)
6. The first half of "The House of God" by Samuel Shem, but it disturbed me (it's a satire about doctors and hospitals and it is pretty negative about doctor/non-doctor marriages)
7. The first chapter of "Confederacy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole, because it got stolen before I got a chance to read it on the plane...
8. "Mastering the GREs". So technically I haven't read this, but I'll be cracking it open starting Wednesday and I've looked at the cover a lot.


8 movies I've seen 8 or more times
1. The Breakfast Club ("We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it than others, that's all.")
2. The Simpson's Movie (only because we just bought it, it's been in the DVD player and there is a void of watchable television each day from about 11am to 2, where I turn it on and do chemistry with it in the background. Envy me.)
3. Pretty Woman (first R rated movie I ever saw)
4. An American Tail (as a kid, probably one of the first movies I saw)
5. Happy Feet (because it makes me happy)
6. X-men 1, 2 and 3 (because I loved them, though they came with us to Hawaii and thus were stolen)
7. Pirates of the Caribbean 1 (because it was the only dvd I had while studying abroad.)
8. Beaches (because it's one of the best chick flicks ever made)


And I'm not tagging anyone since I stole this. Feel free to take it, modify it, use it, etc., as you choose. Now excuse me while I go cough myself unconscious.

2 comments:

Flea said...

I thought Happy Feet was pretty creepy, but I guess that's just me. Seeing Elijah Wood's blue eyes in that penguin's face - *shudder*.

Dutch said...

Hello,
"Spirit of the Place" is definitely a great read.
It's considered Mr. Shem's most ambitious work.
Anyone interested should visit www.samuelshem.com for more information