2 steps forward, 2 steps floorward

Sunday, July 20, 2008

First, a big thanks to everyone who's commented and offered suggestions. I've read each of them and y'all are incredibly intelligent and thoughtful.

I took your advice and tried to nap yesterday but once again just found myself lying in bed, not sleeping. I got to sleep around 2 last night and was up sometime around 9 this morning, so I got a little more sleep than I have been lately. I just got out of bed after trying for an hour and a half to nap, but the lying down was as much to keep myself from passing out as it was for napping.

You see, this morning, I felt better. Yes, I still had the cough, but I just felt a little better, more energy or something. Slappy and I talked about it and determined that this was probably just a cold which did not warrant a trip to the doctor (yea yea, just wait). We ate lunch, watched some tv and headed to Starbucks to do some studying.

Pretty much the instant we set foot in starbucks the dizziness/lightheadedness and rather uncomfortable headache hit me. I didn't want to leave and thus, didn't say much, if anything about it. I got a good 2 hours of work in, taking a few breaks to steady myself, before I reached a point where I physically and mentally had to stop. I signaled to Slappy that I was not okay and that we needed to go home. And so we did.

Along with the lightheadedness and monster headache were unrelenting chills, so I wasn't surprised to see that the fever jumped to almost 101 (which is pretty high for me, I'm a 97.7 degree girl when/if I'm healthy). The headache seems to be much worse when I'm lying down which is why I'm no longer doing that. In case you were curious, a headache while lying down follows the increased pressure theory beautifully. So beautifully that it elicited tears. Oh wait...

And theories, they are great, but seriously, they freaking hurt and having them sadly does not fix the problem being theorized about. Which is why, in case you wondered, I'll be going to the doctor tomorrow. I honestly just don't know how I'm going to make it that long and/or how I'm going to drive myself there (Slappy has unmissable work, otherwise I'm sure he'd take me). Thankfully the office is close and I'm holding out hope that the lightheadedness/headache will let up sometime soon.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping.

8 comments:

Daisy Duke said...

I'll have my fingers crossed that a quick shot of something (or pill formula, which ever you prefer) and some rest is all it takes to be 100% back to normal.

jojo said...

So glad you're heading (get it) out to the doc tomorrow. Things just don't sound right for you and YOU know better than anyone else that you need to be checked. Will be thinking good thoughts for you...would offer a ride but I'd have to leave here like...four days ago ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are going to the Dr. Hope you have a quick recovery.
Kathy

Lanny said...

I hope you wake up in the morning feeling miraculously better! So sorry you're dealing with this!

stacey said...

oh man. I went through something similar back in Dec/Jan. I broke down in tears at work at one point because I was so tired of being sick and tired. The cough really was the worse. I hope it isn't the same thing because it lasted so so stinkin long. I did go to the Doctor got some meds, they worked for awhile and then didn't. I so hope that you do finally get some rest and this illness goes away! I hope the Doctor is able to help!!

Kelly said...

I have allergies and asthma and for about 6 years I have been using Flonase for my nose. I usually start in April because that is when they are the worst. This year I was sick in April and then sick again in June. A weird kinda sick where when I would get up in the morning I would cough for about 45 minutes! Which sucked! Both times I was sick I was so nauseated that I could not eat or had an appetite. The last time I was sick for whatever reason I thought that maybe the Flonase was causing it. I hopped online and looked at the side effects of Flonase and I was floored! Stomach pains, nausea, causes infections, make asthma worse and causes bronchitis and the list goes on! Your not by chance using that are you? I would not ever use that shit again! I quit using it and it took about a week or so and my appetite came back and that nasty cough went away! I sure hope you feel better soon... it sucks to feel that way in the summer

Katie said...

Hey Kelly!

Nope. In fact, I haven't been taking anything for my sinuses because oddly, they've been great. I've been taking mucinex D because it's the only thing that sorta seems to fit with what I need, but it's not really doing a whole heck of a lot.

I called the doctor this morning. They said she was booked today but had an appointment open at 10 tomorrow. I said yes, the nurse said no, she said to let her leave a message for the doctor because I sounded like I needed to be seen today.

So now I'm just waiting to hear from them. I guess it's good to sound sick when you need an appointment?

Kelly said...

I am glad your on your way to recovery! But remember don't ever use FLONASE it is nasty LOL
I am gonna send some healing dust your way! Can you see it coming? LOL