Wedding part 3: Getting Ready!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

So the big day finally arrived.

I got up around 9, took a shower and was lying in bed reading on my computer while my mom filled out a form for me to get copies of my marriage license when she looks up, gasps and says, "would you want me to tell you if there's a typo on your marriage license?" I honestly didn't panic because really, how funny is that? Slappy and I did not get married, rather, he married some girl named Kathnyn. I hope she's hot.

But seriously, how did we not notice that? We both swore an oath after proof-reading it saying that everything was correct. You know, minus the spelling of my first name. We decided just to deal with it later, if we had to do a civil ceremony when we got back from our honeymoon then so be it, we were still going to have our day (we actually just have to fill out some paperwork when the license gets sent to us, so it'll be a while, but should get straightened out).

At around 10:45 I headed to Macy's to the Clinique counter to get my make up done. We had done a practice run the day before (hence why I look somewhat put together in the picture from the dinner the night before) and they did an absolutely beautiful job. It looked natural but elegant and it stayed on all night.

From there, we headed to the golf course where we were getting married and my hairdresser was waiting and ready. Given the hair situation, we decided to go with a half up, half down curly thing to hide the shag in the back.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Once the hair was done, we had to secure the veil and get the bridesmaids dressed...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And then it was my turn...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Meanwhile, at his sister's house, Slappy and his groomsmen were getting dressed. I can only show you 2 pictures, neither of which contain his head, and one of which contains the Mignon Faget cuff links that someone in Maui now has. But he looked sharp to say the least.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Once we were finally ready, the pictures were set to begin. Or were they? It was now after 3 (wedding to start at 5) and the florist had yet to show up, which is always a good sign.

To be continued...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the detail on the bodice of your dress! You were beautiful on your wedding day Katie!

Anya

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Your dress is stunning!!

Hallie

kim-d said...

Katie, you looked incredibly beautiful. The make-up looks fantastic, and I LOVE your hair (and it is also impressive that you had Heather Locklear's younger sister there, doing your hair--HA!). That dress...oh my! BEAUTIFUL. I'm so glad to see pictures.

jenn said...

SO gorgeous!

April said...

Beautiful dress, and the headless groomsmen looks well put together! Ha, well his vest and tie did! :) Love the colors.

the queen said...

Your hair is lovely! And those photos are lovely - it makes me wish I had a photographer.

Janet said...

Hi Katie! You don't know me, but I was diagnosed with Chiari in May of 2006, and Monday will be the 2 year anniversary of my decompression. My name is Janet and I'm 22 years old. I grew up in the Dallas, Texas area but now live in Albany, New York. I was hoping to make some friends who have gone through the same situations as I have. If you would like to chat, please e-mail me at janetkuminski@gmail.com and I will give you my AIM screen name! Have a great day!

Flea said...

Oh my word, Katie. You're absolutely STUNNING. Beautiful. Beautiful smile!

Becs said...

OMG you look absolutely beautiful!

Daisy Duke said...

You looked gorgeous & the dress is stunning- what a classic(and stylish!) dress that you won't regret 20 years from now. And Slappy's cufflinks match my MF ring & necklace :-)

nola said...

So beautiful. GREAT photographer!!! And Slappy didn't even wear the tux studs. What a beoch.

Katie said...

No, he did! You just can't see them. They're under the tie. I have no photographic evidence of this now, but I believe there is a picture later in the evening when he began shedding clothes where you can see them.

I swear, he totally wore them. Really.

katy said...

What a beautiful dress and bride. I hate to see brides who wrap themselves up in 100 extra yards of lace and tulle, it always looks cheap to me. Your dress was perfect.

Sophmom said...

Absolutely gorgeous, darlin'. Congratulations to y'all. I'm so sorry about the robbery (and the troll). It sounds like you've got that whole roll with the punches thing nailed. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Karen said...

You are so beautiful! I love the photos.