Patience...

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sorry friends, no decision has been made yet. I've been trying to nag just a little bit, but frankly our lives have been remarkable different kinds of crazy-ass busy today and no amount of nagging would've give us more hours in the day to get everything done. Apparently the past week of having nothing to do was really just to relax us so that today could pistol-whip the crap out of us.

I just spent the better part of 6 hours wrapping boxes of chocolates more or less by myself. My sister did a few, but most of those had to be re-wrapped after (and not just because I'm neurotic, but because it looked like I let someone with a mental disability wrap them and that's not so much the theme I was aiming for) and she went to bed before I was even half-way done. They're now all wrapped but so help me God if anyone (read: The MIL) says or thinks a single negative syllable about them, I'll shove the box right down their (her) throat.

Tomorrow seems like it's going to be more of the same, or rather, the beginning of the real chaos to come. I have 8 trillion phone calls to make, things to finish up, thank you notes to write, things to pack and otherwise just crap to organize before my mom gets here at 11 to finish the chocolate boxes with labels/flourishes. And then we're driving across town and at 4 we have the rehearsal, followed by the rehearsal dinner.

And then Friday I'm spending the day at Disneyland with a bunch of friends for my bachelorette party while The Fiance is being whisked away on his super-secret bachelor party which is giving me panic attacks every 10 to 20 seconds. I have a great fear of being headline news and the one that keeps flashing in my mind has to do with something terrible happening to him the day before our wedding. I trust him completely, it's his brother, brother-in-law and every other person who he might encounter that I don't trust. To say that I am worried would be and understatement.

I want him to have a great time, I just want him to be safe, and there's just nothing at all I can do to be sure of that. And oh, have I mentioned that I'm a control freak? Because this? this is exactly the kind of situation that stresses me out to no end. I want to call and threaten everyone involved to within an inch of their life, but I know that it will do no good and I know it's not my place. I realize that I sound like a crazy person right now, but you're just going to have to take my word that it's all really well intentioned.

There are other things that I could rant about, but I think I won't. Most of this is going to blow over and hopefully be a part of the past I completely forget about. I know that the days to come are going to be some of the most stressful, but also happiest and most precious and exciting of my life, so I'm going to try really hard to let go and enjoy them. Trying, not promising.

6 comments:

kim-d said...

Yeah, good luck with all of that letting go. But I'll just say this, the same thing I've said to you so many times before, in so many different situations--it'll be okay, Katie! Yup, these are precious times. And whoever said that is also the person who said that the best years of our lives are high school. Just get through all the rest of this "stuff" until you get to the TRULY precious part of the whole production; when you say "I do." Everything will be fine, really!

Ryan said...

Don't worry about the bachelor party. Every bachelor party I ever went to was this giant extravaganza when it was being planned, but ended up being about as exciting as watching someone else play bridge in the end. This is especially true if any of the older folk like fathers or uncles show up (There is a plus side to father and uncles though... someone else buying everyone high quality drinks).

nola said...

Just relax and take things in stride. You can see the finish line from here!!! TF will be alright. He will.

Daisy Duke said...

So busy & hectic...but also so exciting!! Enjoy your week!!

Flea said...

You have good boundaries. You want to control it all but know it's not your place and refrain. Awesome!

Have a great, great rest of the week.

LauraMae said...

Oh my goodness, I totally understand the worry of something happening to TF. My fiance is going on his bachelor party, in Vegas, in two weekends, and I have been having nightmares about this. I could care less about the strippers, drinking and gambling...I just want him to come back alive and well. You so do not sound crazy to me! Good luck--I hear it will come and go in a blink of an eye--so enjoy the little moments of the planning and preparation--and obviously of the BIG DAY!!!