The Happenings

Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'm more or less back, more or less myself. I'm not promising I'll stay this way, nor am I promising entertainment, just my presence (you can thank me later). One of the nice things about the past week is that while I've been wanting to dwell on bad things and have very many woe-is-me moments, there's just plain too damn much going on. Don't get me wrong, I threw myself some very successful pity parties, but it seems that life has been begging me to move on, so I'm working on it.

Missing almost a week of work had me buried in paper grading at work, and aside from when a student in the cafeteria ran into my chest and I almost laid down right where I was and died, the week was relatively uneventful. I do find it odd that my boob is actually getting more painful rather than less. I think my body's mourning the loss of that quadrant of tissue. It's just going through the steps with me. Perhaps it'll chill out when the last stitch comes out Tuesday? If there's anything I've learned it's that boobs were not created to have stitches in them.

As far as work goes, since I'm leaving about 20 minutes after the last final exam is over to drive to California for wedding shenanigans, I have to do a boat-load of work early. I have to turn in a whole bunch of paperwork, and lesson/unit plans and all my quizzes and tests and clean out my classroom and just really have my shit together. Thankfully I have a few more weeks to do all of that because I spent hours working on it this week and the piles are just not getting any smaller.

I am finally finishing up my classes I have been taking this coming week. I have a Physics final exam on Tuesday from 6 to 8, which I have precisely no intention of studying for. It's open book, open notes, and either I'm going to be able to figure out how to do it, or I'm not. If there's one thing I've learned in physics, it's that I haven't actually learned anything other than how to organize my notes so they're easy to flip through. It's an online class and I'm not planning on being a physicist.

On Wednesday afternoon I have my Anatomy exam. I ended up with a B in my lab so I really really want this freaking A. I have a 91% in the class, so basically I have to get an A on the exam or a very high B to keep my grade. It's cumulative with a special emphasis on the last 3 chapters, which are currently ass-raping my mind. I do not care about electrolyte balance and I cannot get a grip on the kidney, except that I do know precisely where it is located from all the times it has become infected and made me feel like I was dying.

And then, when I finish with all those tests Wednesday nights (and the angels sing a beautiful hymn), I have enough wedding errands to keep me occupied the entire 36 day time span until the wedding. On tap for this weekend: calling the minister I've been ignoring all week, ordering the wedding rings (yes, he FINALLY picked out his wedding ring), ordering water for the ceremony (June in California = hot), and ordering our cake topper, which is possibly the awesomest thing that The Fiance has ever talked me into doing.

Welcome to May, the best month of the year. The month in which I will turn 25, finish the job that I hate (and hopefully find a new one that I like, fingers crossed), finish a tough semester and live my last month as a single woman.

Didja miss me?

6 comments:

Daisy Duke said...

Happy Birthday Month to us!

Glad you are hanging in there.

Flea said...

Missed you terribly, Katie! Happy Rushing Month. Geez, you make me tired with your list! And I'm so sorry about the collision with the student. But so glad you're so close to done with nearly everything. Don't forget to breathe, okay?

Anonymous said...

Wow - you're making me tired just reading all that you have to do. Hopefully parts of it will be fun and exciting (the wedding part). The one thing that my husband and I told ourselves before our wedding was that nothing was going to upset us on our wedding day. The details didn't matter - we were just happy to be getting married. And, when the flowers arrived and I didn't like them, I reminded myself about our promise and I didn't let it bother me. I just enjoyed the day. I'll be thinking of you in the coming days - praying for peace and lots of energy to get everything done. Lisa C.

~~Silk said...

Hey Hey! I just read yesterday that marriages are much stronger when you marry after 25. Whoop! Great timing!

Backpacking Dad said...

So...ow...

nola said...

Ya damn right we missed ya!!