The Contest

Friday, May 30, 2008

(First, let me preface this post (ha, like I even need to tell you I'm going to preface a post, that's like my signature blogging move) with a huge thank you. I really had no idea what would happen when I hit "publish" last night. I was so worn down and when I woke up there were 7 encouraging comments. When I checked again tonight (after my car died and I had to call AAA and get a new battery, which was actually the least complicated car thing I've ever done), I had 5 more. I cannot begin to tell you how much it means to me to have your support and kindness. I'm not sure how I would make it some days.

Also, for anyone interested, the boob was looking really good this morning, but over the course of about 2 minutes between taking off the little kids bras and getting in the shower, it had already started to drain again. Not great news, but there are still 12 days for this to sort itself out and I'm working really hard to maintain the positive thinking. I just checked the incision and it's looking really good right now. I'm hoping that if perhaps I get some actual rest tonight rather than staying up until 3 in the morning and getting up at 8 or 9, my body might begin to heal. We'll see.)


So onto the contest! It has come to my attention that we have a problem that needs solving. I have, for the year I've been blogging here, referred to my better half as "The Fiance." His name is not being disclosed per his request, though he has approved the following contest. Obviously, after 10 days from now, that name will not work. It just won't make sense. I considered switching to The Husband, but it just seemed bland. I don't know. I think it needs some spice.

So here's the deal:

I need a new name for him. I can't tell you his name, but I can disclose some facts that might help you in your quest. He is in medical school (1 year left), he lives in New Orleans, he's about to be married to me, he thinks he's a comedian, but is definitely not, he is the mayor of passive-agressive-land and oh yes, I love him a lot. He is also a handsome devil (a very amazing one who has dropped about 13 pounds in a month! Wowzer!), he hates shopping and he loves fruity girly drinks.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to come up with a new code name for The Fiance. No profanity, and if you know his name (cough*NOLA and Pete*cough) you can't use that to your advantage. The judge will be The Fiance himself, so keep that in mind.

What's that? A reward? Yes, there is. The winner of this contest will receive a souvenir from our Hawaiian honeymoon and perhaps a little New Orleanian trinket (if the winner is not from New Orleans, I can throw in something Californian in if a NOLA person is crowned). It won't be anything big, but we will be very grateful, and really, it's the thought that counts.

I'm going to put a cap on this as running through Tuesday night at midnight California time. Leave all entries as comments to this post (if I post any new blogs I'll include a link down here, or you can, you know, scroll down the page) so we don't have to go on a wild goose hunt to find them. The wedding crunch is going to hit something fierce starting on Thursday, so this way we can sort through the entries and post the winner on Wednesday. You can enter once a day until then (so if you catch this Friday night you have 5 chances) and the entry will be chosen based upon whatever weird-ass criteria The Fiance decides. I can't promise he won't close his eyes and choose one without looking, but I'm going to encourage him otherwise.

Sound like fun? I think so. So enter, feel free to link it up elsewhere, the more the merrier. I need the brain trust, so bring on the ideas people. Show me your creative juices. Wait, on second thought, keep your juices to yourself.

Good luck!

26 comments:

Steph in AK said...

Hot Doc...

kim-d said...

BWAHAHAHAHA..."keep your juices to yourself"...BWAHAHAHAHA. Good--no, make that GREAT--one, Katie!

It would make it infinitely easy on me if you just go with The Mr., since that's what I've been calling him since he decided to go nameless way back in the early CB days. But, hey, don't let the fact that we've been friends for a long time factor into the choice or anything.

And, now, since I have not commented to you in a long time, I'm going to go back to previous posts and see if I have any other words of wisdom to impart. What do you think the chances of that are? :)

Anonymous said...

Thinking on this one, will get back to ya
Kathy

Anonymous said...

U2

Anna in IL

nola said...

Scrubs

Ryan said...

I hate to grant (or be granted) a title prematurely but my vote would be for


Dr. [his favorite fruity girly drink/your favorite to rag him for drinking]

Moondance said...

I secon Anna's suggestion: U2.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know there is some controversy or issue surrounding your previously chosen wedding song but my entry in the contest to rename "The Fiance" is............."The Luckiest"

Carol Fisher (Greenacres, FL)

kimybeee said...

It needs to be something that you would actually call him. "The Fiance" goes through my head the same as if it was his name. So I would go with something like "The Spouse", "My Better Half", or "The Mister".

Monkling said...

Dr. Fruity, Dr. Strange Love. No, wait. That's taken. Am I allowed to just list a whole bunch? Heck, I can if I want to. What are you gonna do about it?

The Hunk

Clyde (but you have to change your name to Bonnie)

Anonymous said...

HHBL (for hunka hunka burnin love).

Lisa C.

robin said...

Today I visited Mount Vernon, where I learned that one of the titles considered for George Washington was "His Exalted High Mightiness." GW chose to go with the simpler "President" instead.

But I thought the Fiance might get an ego boost from being refered to as HEHM.

Flea said...

Hmmm. T-Hub.
T-Spouse.
T-Doc.
Even T-Hunk.

No matter where you move, you'll always have that New Orleans root.

jojo said...

DTB--doctor to be
MD---my doc
MK---mister katie

o.k. that's all I got.

J

Lanny said...

Haha Jojo, I though about Mr. Katie too.

How 'bout The Man! My hubby thinks he's da man!

Anonymous said...

Bono

Anna in IL

Daisy Duke said...

Dr. Truelove (ok just kidding, but once I had an orthodontist whose name was Dr. Truelove and I could barely contain my twelve year old self.)

In moer seriousness:

Dr. NOLA

~~Silk said...

How 'bout "Hero".
It's very versatile. "My Hero"- worshipful. "The Hero" - sarcastic.

Or stick with "TF", but now it means "The Father". Freak out the MIL if you accidentally use it prematurely.

Or "HWMNBN" - He Who Must Not Be Named. "HW" for short.

Pontchartrain Pete said...

He likes Junior Mints and girlie drinks, the answer is Dr. Cosmo Kramer. Good luck and have fun!

Anonymous said...

Captain Handsome
Dr. Awesome
The Incredible Hunk
Slappy

kim-d said...

My Monday submission is The Mr. You knew this was coming, right? HA!

Anonymous said...

Homer

Anna in IL

Ann Marie aka Carly said...

I would have said.. Dr. McSteamy.. right up to the point of the girlie drinks.. that makes him Dr. McDreamy..

just saying.

Monkling said...

I'm sorry, I just can't kick the idea that there has to be a Dr. in his name. We had a teacher named Mr. Doctor but that's way too boring. I need the name of one of those girlie fruit drinks but can't think of any. Dr. Malibu - is there such a drink as a Malibu. Yeah, I could google it but I'm too lazy. Hey! That would fit in with your honeymoon destination, too. Wouldn't it? That didn't change, did it?

Monkling said...

Dr. Lei

Oh, did you say I could only give one guess per day? Well I missed yesterday. Plus I don't follow rules all that well.

Anonymous said...

Dr Shrek, in honor of the first movie you saw together.
Kathy