Trophies and Thoughts

Monday, April 28, 2008

The humor is on its way back. Soon, very soon.

First, I just want to say a big thanks to Fred and Bessie for an award for my blogo-brainoversary. I'm honored, and I really appreciated everyone's comments yesterday. It was a pretty darn good day.

And now to the serious stuff, I want to ask (beg, plead, choose your synonym) for all the good thoughts you can muster for tomorrow. I called the surgeon today and spoke with her and she still would not give me any of my pathology report over the phone. She did let me stop the antibiotics that have caused me to lose 7 pounds in 7 days, so it wasn't all for naut, but still.

Tomorrow, at 2pm my time, I need you to think as many BENIGN thoughts as humanly possible. I will update as soon as I can, but until then, I'm having a hard time being alive, let alone humorous. So if you'll give me one more day, I promise that things will shape up around here.

Really.

11 comments:

Flea said...

When you say you're having a hard time being alive, do you just randomly stop breathing? That's very bad.

I'll pray for you, if you don't mind. And smack the doctor for me, will ya? My doc always tells me when I call. Yours should be shot.

Katie said...

I probably should've been more clear. I'm having a hard time functioning. The being alive part is going fairly smoothly.

kim-d said...

Well. I came here, feeling a little somber, to leave my oh-so-serious "I'm on it for ya, sweetie" comment.

Then. I got here, read Flea's comment and your answer.

Now. BWAHAHAHA'ing, snorting a little bit and leaving this goofy comment instead.

Good thing you know that, with me for you, it is always "ask and you shall receive."

nola said...

I will be thinking of you and thinking BENIGN!!!

Anonymous said...

i'll be "benigning" for you tomorrow at the appointed time!

jojo

Lanny said...

Good thoughts and lots of prayers coming your way.

daisy said...

Stay strong and positive -- there are more prayers and good thoughts winging your way than you can even begin to imagine.

the queen said...

Aw, man. Crossing my fingers.

Flea said...

Thank you. They didn't call me Rain Man in high school for nuthin.

Go wrap your head around something interesting today. Like your honeymoon plans. Looking forward to hearing the verdict.

jojo said...

Anxiously awaiting you benign-ness. Hope everything in your day goes well.
Thinking of you.


jojo
myrandominsanities.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I've been keeping you in my prayers today and hope all went well at the dr.

Lisa C.