More Information

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Test is done. Not my finest performance, but arguably better than I'd anticipated. Thankfully the professor took about half his multiple choice questions off the online quizzes I took like 12 times. I don't want to hazard a guess on my grade and I know it's lower than what I'd like, but such is life.

I spoke with the doctor's nurse today and the surgery is scheduled for April 22nd. We're doing a pre-op on the 15th so that I can assault her with questions and make sure that I'm doing the right thing. For the next 13 days, in preparation of the surgery I can't take any advil, aleve, motrin or alcohol. No, I'm not joking. It's like a sick little jab. Ha! You're having surgery that you're panicked about. Let us take away painkillers and booze and watch you have a big gigantic unmedicated cow.

Anyway, I'm off to my lab and then home and to bed. Even the promise of 5 bonus points on my exam tomorrow (that I have done precisely zero studying for, by the way), isn't enough incentive for me to stay an extra hour here at school. I just want to sleep, relax and give myself some time to process this because I'm operating on pure ignorance.

Which may not be overrated. You know, ignorance is bliss.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No alcohol? I don't think that's a legal prescription in New Orleans!

Seriously, though, good luck.

Anna in IL

lace1070 said...

Oh Katie! I'll bet you are still in shock ~ but it sounds like you have a pretty aggressive doctor. She's not taking any risks ~ take out the source so you don't have to worry any more about the bugger! Besides ~ you shouldn't have to think about anything other than your upcoming wedding. I will keep you in my prayers. What AFGO!!! Hugs ~ Lace

Flea said...

Oh geez! Did you give her what for? I'm with Anna - I don't think they can do that in New Orleans.

Katie said...

Sadly, they did the same thing when I had the biopsy. And as I recall, there was to be no drinking for a month after too.

Some pesky bleeding thing. Pshaw.

Greg said...

No drinking for a month after, either? Well, then let's get this surgery over with! You've got a wedding to celebrate and a honeymoon full of drinks on the beach!

Anna in IL