The Lucid 411

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

So okay, perhaps neither of my posts were done in a state of lucidity, shut up. I know it. It's the next day and I'm starting to feel much more alert, which doesn't mean much compared to yesterday. I still can't walk in a straight line, but that will hopefully get better soon. I might even proofread this entry, or at least a little more throughly because I swear I proofread the last one, and rereading it today, um, yea, not so good...

The surgery was scheduled for 10:30 and there was a big hullabaloo about my allergies to egg whites and iodine. The could not come up with an anesthesia to use, even though I had brain surgery with egg yolk based anesthetic about 5 months ago. There was also much arguing about betadine and whether they could use that instead of iodine. I told them I'd never had it because of the iodine reaction and I'd prefer not to have it again. So they got that straightened out shot me up with the anesthesia with NOT ATIVAN, the bastards and I genuinely believed I was dying at first because my tongue swelled up and it hurt to breath. Turns out that's normal. Who knew? At my brain surgery they gave me so much ATIVAN that when they asked me if I could count down from ten, all I remember saying is, "nope!" That was some good stuff.

Anyways, and one went the surgery, on time, astoundingly. And I was even discharged in the time frame they'd given me. T'was a miracle.

I was not around to hear what the doctor had to say (at least I think I wasn't), but I was told that she took out a piece of tissue about the size of an average persons middle finger (funny, huh?) and she thinks it looks good, but the pathology will be back in 24-48 hours- definitely by Friday.

It's a little more painful today, but certainly not the end of the world. I haven't taken anything including tylenol, so I'm just toughing it out. If the pain continues to increase, perhaps I'll take a few later. We'll see.

I have no idea what the incision looks like because it's bandaged to high heaven and I can't take the bandage off until Tuesday, oh and I can't shower until the either. I'm gonna smell soooooo good. Aunt Helpful is actually being quite helpful and, for perhaps the first time, genuinely nice. We're going to try a sink hair wash, but I have to bend over forward since I can't tip my head back for it. That's going to wait until tomorrow, I'm a little too sore for that right now.

Anyway, the plan for today is to sit on my ass. I'm going to send The Fiance to the video store later, though my mom sent me Juno (which I will be watching soon) and she says that she has another surprise for today. She rocks, so does he.

I guess that's it. Certainly not as amusing as the previous two updates, but hell, who doesn't like a good drunk blog?

7 comments:

lace1070 said...

Glad to hear your are coming out of the fog. Juno is awesome ~ seen it at least 4 times already. Actually ~ her sarcasm and wit remind me a bit of you ~ true story! ENjoy your sink bath and get the fiance to give you a sponge bath ~ Hugs ~ Lace

Katie said...

Lace- you are the second person to tell me that I am like Juno.

I am flattered. I find myself high entertaining, its just not something that a lot people would agree with

Lanny said...

Hey now! I find you highly entertaining too!

Hmmm, wonder if there's any connection between the Juno thing and all the pregnancy confusion you've had? Just kidding!

I'm glad you're hanging in there pretty well. You amaze me! :)

Flea said...

Yeah, I was really enjoying the drunk blogging. Too bad you've sworn off pain killers. :(

Glad you're doing well, and that the auntie is being good.

Daisy Duke said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better! Just wondering if it would be ok to link you on my blog- let me know!

Sherri said...

Maybe *I* was drunk..... but I didn't think your last two entries were THAT bad. Not that I'm admitting to anything, mind you, but apparently drunk speak must be my language.

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit less .... what's the word? confused, maybe? today. And especially happy to hear Aunt Helpful is actually doing the opposite of what you expected.

Lanny said...

Didn't know if you'd check back to see this, so I'm doing it here:

Your taste is FABULOUS! Thanks a bunch!