I swear, totally lucid now. Really.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

First, let me tell you that I proofread the last entry very carefully, then took a nap, then reread it and realized that holy grammar batman, I still wasn't quite coherent. I'm not going to promise I am now, but hopefully tomorrow will be better. I seem to be struggling short term memory-wise (Lanny complimented me on my taste in the comments and I had no idea what she was talking about until I went back and re-read a comment I left for her...durr) and my coordination is not great. I just walked upstairs to put on a more supportive sports bra and I ran into a small table that's been there for 2 years.

Yesterday, Aunt Helpful kept putting me on the phone with family members, so now through what they've told me, I was pretty damned funny. I also text messaged a fellow coworker with the profound message of "ap." Not sure when or why I did it, but I did.

The kicker of the day came in the form of an email from the child I berated about her grandmother's funeral. She just wanted me to know that she wouldn't be at school at all this week because now she has strep throat. God is punishing her for my deeds, I'm pretty sure.

Anyways, more tomorrow. I'm starting to go pretty stir crazy, so I'm going to need y'all to update your blogs a lot this week, mkay?

7 comments:

Monkling said...

If typos & walking into furniture means I'm not lucid, damn, I am in trouble!

Katie said...

It's not that, it's that I really carefully proofread and still came up with a bunch of jumbled thoughts.

Monkling said...

Katie, as a freelance writer, let me tell ya something - it's next to impossible to proofread your own stuff. Especially when you're still recovering from surgery.

Not to mention I pay no attention at all to things such as grammar in emails and on my blog. If someone ever was to judge my writing by those things, I'd be so screwed.

nola said...

Glad you are coming out of the clouds and not in unbearable pain. Read your email in case you forget abt Friday afternoon.

Lanny said...

LMAO about the comment!

My mom has to have versed for a procedure about once a year or so. My sister and I call her under the guise of checking on her, but what we're really after is the hilarious stuff she says while she's still under the effects. We're pretty mean too...we ask her which one of us is her favorite child and all sorts of horrible things like that. Then we crack up again when we tell each other about it. She has no memory of it the next day, so we get to crack up again as we tell her. She, of course, denies it all. Maybe I should record her next time.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Been thinking about your boob (how funny is that?) and hoping you are doing ok.

I am terribly exhausted so have been neglecting the blog world. But I have been sending you good boob mojo!

Hallie :)

Flea said...

The size of a finger? Really? That would leave an interesting shaped boob, doncha think? No pictures, please.