Foot and Mouth

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I don't have much time to type out another spectacularly boring post like last night, but I did want to leave you with a little jewel of my week while I head off to study my weekend away.

Yesterday, I was trying to get everything put away to get off to the pre-op appointment and a student came into my room. I won't lie, generally speaking, this kid bugs me. I know that sounds terrible, they're all little angels, but some of them make me want to scream and she is one of those.

Student: Ms. Mylastname, I've missed your class a lot this past week.
Me: Yes you have.
Student: And I'm going to be gone on Monday.
Me: You have a test coming up, Monday is the review.
Student: Oh, well, I won't be there. Or Wednesday either.
Me: (with obviously frustration) So where exactly is it that you have to be?
Student: My grandmother's funeral.


Yea. I know. It was pretty bad. Really bad. Perhaps on the verge of bitchy. Hard to say.

5 comments:

Flea said...

Oh! You had no way of knowing.

kim-d said...

Were you able to pull out anything even remotely nice to say to her? Cause, ya know, like her or not...the kid's grandmother just died. So I sure hope you did. Cause we know karma's a bitch.

Katie said...

Of course I did! I apologized profusely afterwards. I thought that was implied.

What kind of person do you think I am?

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alntv said...

I've always wondered if teachers find kids to be annoying...and now I know. Ya can't always be perfect! A little foot in mouth disease will happen from time to time! LOL

Nice site! I'll visit again soon!