Day 4 (or 5, depending upon how you count it)

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Yea, I'm gonna whine.

You have two choices right now- keep on reading and be nice to me, or click that little red box (or circle for Mac users) and go somewhere else.

It's been 4 days, and I will be the first to admit that the pain has not been even in the ballpark of what I anticipated, and for that I am so incredibly thankful.

That said, my throat still hurts something fierce and I'm still not sleeping well because of it. I've tried tea, cough drops, honey (blech), just about everything and yet it is just incredibly painful. It also looks disgusting because, who knew? if you cut the crap out of your throat it won't heal quite as easily as a scraped knee might. (And believe me, this situation will be discussed with my surgeon on Tuesday because this is not okay.) My voice has gone to shit and even if I had a reasonable appetite, I can't swallow anything that's got any texture whatsoever.

The appetite is another problem. I've lost 5 pounds since Tuesday. Granted, I wanted to shed 5 pounds before the wedding, but this is not the way to do it. I feel weak and run down and I can't imagine that it's helping the healing process any.

Today I have a headache, which I'm blaming on the weather. It's awesome.

And after 3 days of relative pain-free-ness, my boob is aching today. I'm icing it, but besides that and tylenol, there's just not much that can be done.

I want this to be OVER. I'm so done with it. Except, you know, it won't be until at least Tuesday afternoon. I miss being funny and witty, but I just cannot rise above this fog. I don't feel well, I don't feel like myself and I cannot seem to shake it away. I had a fantastically wonderfully relaxing pedicure with NOLA and then came home and crashed because I'm exhausted all. the. time.

I need this to end. I need my normalcy back. I have way too many things going on in my life right now to be incapacitated like this. I just want to be me again, and I don't see it happening until the surgeon shows me a report with the word BENIGN in gigantic bold letters. That's what I need most of all.

5 comments:

the queen said...

You have some bad protoplasm, woman.

(I think I read somewhere that's how doctors refer to people with consistently bad medical luck.)

I think you shouldn't wait till Tuesday to complain about all this. For all we know, you have internal bleeding or something.

Worried!

nola said...

Oh, man. Hope things go quickly til Tuesday. Til Tuesday, remember that band?

Pontchartrain Pete said...

Just checking up on you, as you have been uncharacteristically quiet. Tell Nola that's Aimee Mann's old band.

Charlotte said...

Kiss,kiss,hug,hug,sending healing vibes to you. Truly.

Kate said...

Complain away my friend. No red x for me. Sending you all sorts of hugs and healthy thoughts!