Anniversary

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Today is a big day.

Not just because I'm not going to whine, but because today is both the 1 year mark for this blog and the 5 month mark from my brain surgery. See? Big day.

1 year ago, I decided to branch out and begin a blog. I had no real agenda, I just thought it might be fun and it might offer me a way to share more adult humor than the site I use for health updates. And I'm blown away by what I have gotten from this blog.

I have met several really great people in person, and made a bunch of online friends. I've learned all about the city I've come to call home and have really just grown into myself. I feel like I know who I am a little better than I did a year ago.

You've let me talk politics, religion and of course, hair. You have listened to my love stories, rants, my most unbelievable moments and allowed me to begin a revolution. Oh and how to insert links. I think I've got that down pat now.

I feel like this blog has given me the space to share good things and get support for the bad. I could not ask for a more amazing group of readers who have put up with my endless whining for virtually no good reason except that you're just good people. I didn't start this blog looking for fame, and I still don't strive for it, but what I have gotten has been worth so much more to me. So I want to thank you, the 37,682 people who have visited, because you've made this experiment an awesome success in my life.

Now, the other anniversary. 5 months since brain surgery. I don't have much to say except that, well, it rocks. My head is great, my neck mobility is almost normal, I'm officially finished with physical therapy and we've decided to ignore the hand thing altogether. All things brain are pretty much awesome and I can honestly say that I've hardly had even a moment of doubt in the decision I made. My life is so much better than I imagined it could be, and I didn't realize how much of my happiness was being taken by that condition. I feel like I'm finally in control of my life again, and what a freaking amazing feeling that is.

1 year ago today I began a new adventure and 5 months ago I started a new phase of my life. I think the best part is knowing that even though I've reached these anniversaries, they're really just the beginning.

So stay tuned, you never know what might happen next...

11 comments:

Monkling said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad the whole blog thing has been such a good experience. But, then, as I've said many times, I love the whole online thing & have met so many great people myself. And I am thrilled that you included me as an online friend.

Also thrilled that your 5 month anniversary is something worth celebrating, as well; that the surgery helped so much.

Continuing the prayers that the test results on Tues. will be more great news.

Greta Perry said...

Happy blogiversary & brain surgeryaersary.

kim-d said...

YAY for blogs and brain surgery!!! Really.

Brain surgery first. I know you know how happy I am that your surgery has been so successful and that you have improved quality of life. That is all I ever wished for you from the time I first "met" you through CB. It makes me smile to know that you are getting to enjoy your amazing life in a way that you wouldn't have been able to without the surgery.

And your blog. Isn't it incredible? I am amazed everyday at how much having a blog has enriched my life! And just think, Katie--you started it, by being the first person to leave me a comment! Really, THAT one thing was the start of a whole new blog dimension for me! I had never really thought about my blog in terms of people reading it before that. For me, it was where I could go to have my own private whine fest, or whatever. But, oh...it turns into SO MUCH MORE, doesn't it? I am so glad you blog, too...I always knew that there were other parts of you that I wanted to get to know and, through your blog, that has happened in a way that just is not possible on CB. Due to decorum and such :). So even though I am much more mouthy on your blog than you are on mine, I'm glad we have this forum for continuing to get to know each other.

Happy anniberseraries!!!

Charlotte said...

Blessings to you on this momentous day, my dear. I,too, have met so many cool people through blogging. You are quiet new to me (thanks to NOLAnotes) but I will be a regular. I like your style, sistah!

Pontchartrain Pete said...

Happy blogiversery! Just had one myself. It is nice meeting all the folks, hope next year brings more together and good luck for all.

Anonymous said...

Happy Brain and Blog Day!

keeping good thoughts for your test results on Tuesday.

I'm glad Kristie sent me this way...I really enjoy your stuff!

jdub

Anonymous said...

See, that last line is going to start the pregnancy rumors again.

But, really, not much doesn't start those rumors when you are a woman of a certain age. I do so love to see all eyes turn towards my belly at every family gathering, and when I don't order a drink at the bar. But, if I did order a drink at the bar, I'd be yelling, "not pregnant, just fat, jackasses!", so it is best that I remain alcohol-free.

Happy anniversaries.

Anna in IL

Ness said...

Happy Anniversary!

Blogging has become my lifesaver. I'm glad you find release in blogging. Keeping you in prayer for good results on Tuesday.

Daisy Duke said...

Happy Anniversary(s)...ok so the spelling isn't quite right, but still, congrats. Keep it up- both the good brain health & the blog.

Lanny said...

Happy Anniversary!

Flea said...

Happy blogiversary and brainiversary! I wish I had a major award to give you. Oh! Wait! I do! Go to FormicaFields.blogspot.com and it will be waiting for you! Give me a couple of minutes to get it there, okay?