47 hours, 55 minutes

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Doctor said pathology would be back between 24 and 48 hours. It's been 47 hours and 55 minutes and I am losing my shit. The phone just rang a minute ago and I was sure it was the doctor. It was actually the salon that NOLA and I are getting pedicures at tomorrow (which I'm totally stoked for).

This stress is not helping the recovery. I NEED to know. Like now. Or within the next five minutes.

Is it a good thing to have the pathology take longer than quoted?

To me it seems bad. And thus, my Valium and I will be retiring to a different room to freak the hell out.


Editor's Note: just spoke to the doctor's office- they won't give pathology over the phone, so I have to wait until Tuesday at my post-op appointment. Holy freaking shit.

6 comments:

~~Silk said...

They should not have told you hours - they should have said simply that they'd have the results on Tuesday, period.

On the one hand a refusal to give the results over the phone has no meaning. On the other hand, admitting that the results are in, but the doctor NOT moving up your appointment, probably means "no big deal".

In my opinion, they should schedule a quick drop-in-like appointment as soon as results are back, no matter what the results are. Spare people the worry.

Lanny said...

Sorry! That would annoy me!

I hope Tuesday comes quickly so that you can get your good news that all is ok! :)

Flea said...

The typical rule of thumb with doctors is that if it's something bad, they call right away. If there's nothing to worry about, they tell you at the next appointment.

nola said...

That is some serious BS! They could have scheduled you to BE AT the doc's office at the 48 hr mark. Now TUES-FREAKING-DAY? Oh, HELL NO!

Sorry, boo. But it that is standard, at least there is room for a breath. More a doctor's office issue than one of your health.

But still.

kim-d said...

And just exactly what the f*&k would they do if you go storming into their office and tell them you're not leaving until they ease your mind a little. How about if you at least call and threaten them with that? Want me to call? Because that is cruel and unusual treatment! I am quite incensed on your behalf. And also...

BEAUTIFUL...absolutely original and absolutely gorgeous. NEVER have I seen another like it. And I LOVE it. Good taste you have. You know what I'm talkin' about...

Lanny said...

Just dropping by to say enjoy your pedicure. You and Nola both SO deserve this! Enjoy!